cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the 2022 Fall Seller Update Board

Hello and welcome to the discussion board for the 2022 Fall Seller Update. If you are visiting the Community Forums for the first time please take a moment to review our Community Guidelines, and consider checking out other boards like Selling or Payments to meet and connect with fellow Sellers.

This board is exclusively for questions regarding the announced changes (you can read more about them here). You won’t be able to start new conversations on this page, but you are able to leave questions in the appropriate topic thread. 

Our Seller Update team will be reviewing and replying to your questions between today the 28th through Friday the 30th, and these question boards will be locked from further comments on Friday evening.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

seller_update@ebay 

Subject: Adding videos to Store Front:

I read through the link on the Update announcement regarding adding videos to a Store Front.  My question is what video formats will eBay accept?

.wmv  ???

.MP4  ???

other  ???

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

seller_update@ebay 

I read through the link on the Update announcement regarding adding videos to a Store Front.  My question is what video formats will eBay accept?

.wmv  ???

.MP4  ???

other  ???

Regards,

Mr. L

Hey @mr_lincoln, thanks for the question.  The Store Front video should be in .MP4 or .MOV format, less than 150MB, and comply with eBay’s images, videos, and text policy.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

In-line notifications for buyers on the eBay app to proactively remind them to leave feedback.

Why?

Reminding buyers to leave feedback is equivalent to poking the bear. I have never reminded a buyer to leave feedback. No feedback is better than risking getting a neutral or negative feedback. Buyers will be annoyed at this which may get them thinking and if they were not going to leave any feedback, they may be tempted to leave a neutral or even negative. They may equate this to thinking about the product itself whereas feedback is meant for whether the seller fullfilled their committments. Maybe they ordered a board game which was shipped promptly and in the condition stated. After being reminded to leave feedback, maybe they will leave a neutral or negative stating that they didn't like playing the game.

Please leave this alone and don't harass the buyers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

seller_update@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

seller_update@ebay 

.wmv  ???

.MP4  ???

other  ???

Regards,

Mr. L

Hey @mr_lincoln, thanks for the question.  The Store Front video should be in .MP4 or .MOV format, less than 150MB, and comply with eBay’s images, videos, and text policy.  

seller_update@ebay   Perfect, thank you.  And yes, I did see the 150MB limit on video (file) size.

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone. We will be locking this post, so we can focus on each updates questions individually. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply