cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

car parts in my flashlight search

Can anyone tell me why I am getting so many listings for car parts in my Vintage Flashlight search. This started in late 2023 or early 2024. All of a sudden listings for old car parts started showing up. Now there are more car parts than flashlights. The search is becoming useless. Advanced search seems to eliminate a bunch of the flashlight listings but not enough of the car parts. Any Ideas?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When I did a title search for vintage flashlight it came up mostly with flashlights if I included description I then saw some car parts.  

I had a similar problem with a search I have.  I was searching for items with Lincoln Illinois in the description.  I was getting pennies, items related to Abraham Lincoln, watches, Lincoln cars and parts and more.  In this case I used the "-" option  Lincoln Illinois -cent -watch -Abraham .....  This is useful if you can figure out how to delete the listings you don't want and leave the ones you want.  Also if some of the unwanted listings are coming from the same seller they may have the word flashlight buried somewhere on their page.  I just tell Ebay not to show their listings.

If you are using saved searches you may want to delete it and create a new one,  Your original may have been altered over time.  This happen to one of mine once.  After creating a new one it worked fine.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I just put "vintage flashlight" in the search box, and looked at the first few pages of listings and saw not one car part.  The category automatically turned to "flashlights" without my doing anything.  So I'm not sure why your results would be so different.  

Rita

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

When I did a title search for vintage flashlight it came up mostly with flashlights if I included description I then saw some car parts.  

I had a similar problem with a search I have.  I was searching for items with Lincoln Illinois in the description.  I was getting pennies, items related to Abraham Lincoln, watches, Lincoln cars and parts and more.  In this case I used the "-" option  Lincoln Illinois -cent -watch -Abraham .....  This is useful if you can figure out how to delete the listings you don't want and leave the ones you want.  Also if some of the unwanted listings are coming from the same seller they may have the word flashlight buried somewhere on their page.  I just tell Ebay not to show their listings.

If you are using saved searches you may want to delete it and create a new one,  Your original may have been altered over time.  This happen to one of mine once.  After creating a new one it worked fine.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply