cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Claim help

I have about 10 or so items Ive shipped that havent moved in a while and am going to be filling a claim to get my money back from the usps. Do i just screenshot a pic of the order details page of the sold item on ebay and upload that to show its value? Havent had to do this in 12 years and now its 10 items all at once. Any help is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

USPS Claim help

It has been in the news that there are issues with the post offices right now. If the buyers are being patient and not filing a claim, then you need to be patient with the USPS and not file a claim. Don't poke the sleeping bear. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

USPS Claim help

Thank you but not what I asked.  with 10 items missing Im well aware of a shipping issue. and yes some have filed claims and have been refunded-which is why im asking how to show value to the usps

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

USPS Claim help

@selsa84 

Will this be of help? --

Claims for Loss or Damage

If your insured mailing has been lost or damaged in transit, you may file an insurance claim:

Online: Go to www.usps.com⁄help⁄claims.htm for information on USPS domestic insurance.

By mail: Call 800-ASK-USPS (800-275-8777) to have a claim form mailed to you. Send the completed form with all other required supporting documentation for loss or damage of an item mailed with insured services to the address printed on the form.

Evidence of Insurance

You must retain evidence of insurance for your claim. This includes evidence that insurance, COD, Registered Mail, Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express service was purchased for the mailed package. For a detailed list of acceptable evidence, see “General Filing Instructions” in Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual (DMM) 609.

Proof of Value

You must submit proof — such as a sales receipt or paid invoice — showing the value of the article when it was mailed. For a detailed list of acceptable evidence, see “General Filing Instructions” in DMM 609.

For Internet transactions conducted through a web–based payment network, provide a computer printout of the online transaction identifying the purchaser and seller, price paid, date of the transaction, description of the item, and assurance that the transaction status is completed. The printout must clearly identify the web-based payment network provider through which the Internet transaction was conducted.

Proof of Damage or Partial Loss of Contents

You must retain any damaged item, packaging, and all contents until the claim is resolved. If you receive notification from the Postal Service, you will be required to bring the item, packaging, and all contents to a Post Office.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

USPS Claim help

Hi @selsa84 . A screenshot of the Order Details page.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

USPS Claim help

thank you very much

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

USPS Claim help

I would go to the post office and take tracking numbers and ask clerk what is going on first.

They are pretty good to tell you...other than using the USPS site or calling by phone or looking at tracking on eBay site. 

Just because they haven't shown movement in tracking lately they are not lost. And USPS will not refund you.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

USPS Claim help

I've already opened cases on them and the USPS is not much help, called and spoke with USPS consumer affairs and there worthless also. Was told that it's because I'm shipping in tubes and the machines here in phx can't read the tracking sticker. Was in Ga for 3 months and Tx for 2 months this winter and all those tubes I shipped from there were delivered on time. It's just the 85043 sorting plant in Phx is horrendous. They'll take my tubes off the line and place them in a bin and they never move again. 12 missing open cases and have to open 4 or 5 more on Monday. And have already had to refund buyers.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply