cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS 2021 Price Increase Approved

PRC Approves Domestic Competitive Prices for 2021

The Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) approved the domestic competitive price changes to take effect Jan. 24, 2021.

Details here:

https://pe.usps.com/resources/PriceChange/January%202021%20-%20Price%20Files.xlsx (Excel)

https://pe.usps.com/resources/PriceChange/January%202021%20-%20Notice123.pdf (PDF)

Get out your calculators and figure out your pricing BEFORE January 24th!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

The rates were approved in November and there have already been several announcements and threads about this.  They get moved to the "Shipping & returns" board.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/USPS-Mail-Rates-Increasing-January-24th/m-p/31416492

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/USPS-Slashes-Shipping-Rates-for-2021-NOT/m-p/31415549

Sellers who have set up calculated shipping in their listings can just relax, since the calculator updates on the same day as the new rates go into effect.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Those were notices of the proposed rate changes. The actual order from the PRC is dated yesterday and made public today.

In any event a little duplication is a good thing as there will be plenty of sellers who will be completely unaware come late January.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Your link goes to the PDF that says "Draft 11-16-2020".  Are we sure there were no changes? 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Any information on if the USPS delivery performance will increase with the prices? Skip that, I already know the answer on that one. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

This is getting ridiculous!   Seems like every couple of months there are price increases.   USPS should be paying US before the service is so slow.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

More money in there pockets for more crawppy work they do

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Just mouthing on your post because it's at the bottom at this moment.

Shipping delays; high dollar shipping cost; eBay's fvf on shipping along with their other fees; eBay sellers basically being forced to increase the fair market value of any particular items to cover the sellers' losses, due to eBay's wacko/wacky/unfair policies.

The above is why I look for the things I need and buy, elsewhere too; at one time, I wouldn't even consider CL, but, as for the last few months, I've been finding great deals there; and if it's within a hundred miles of me, heck, I drive it, that way there's no delay in getting it, yep.

Also I've been finding items much less expensive than eBay's listings, at Walmart, Amazon and brand name product websites. Case and point: I had to buy a nozzle assembly for my bissell, the best price I found on eBay was close to 19 bucks, and when I looked at the seller account name, I recognized it right away: I had brought an item from that same seller some time back, so I knew right away the seller is a drop shipper. Anyway, I checked out bissell's website, and I got the nozzle assembly for $13.58 and I went ahead and got my regular cleaning supplies, which meant free shipping, plus I got 5% off for opening an account with 'em.

So, I guess eBay's strategy of increasing the GMVs, isn't working-out too well, it does appear it isn't? But, maybe the CEOs of eBay see it differently?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@animesalesandmore 

I have to take issue here, and only speaking for myself and the post office I go to.

The Postal workers at my moderately large office have been nothing but helpful & kind this year (small 1 or 2 times a week seller)

I have watched them take abuse from disgruntled customers for things they personally do not have any control over.

We should be thanking them for their service, and if nothing else wish them well during the holidays.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Im talking about the heads of usps (the ones begging feds for money) not their slaves, I can't wait when drone shipping become live and they can stop forcing their workers take 5x times of work the needed to do. I agree with what you said.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

OK then,I  misunderstood the post.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@slippinjimmy   I hope nobody laughs at what I am about to say but don't be surprised when Amazon announces their Package Shipping Services (PSS) for domestic shipments to compete with and beat the pants off USPS, UPS and FedEx ... they are "primed" to make a move and I am guessing as early as sometime in 2021 ...maybe right after the USPS price increase ...

prime 1.jpg        prime 2.jpg  prime 3.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Amazon will at some point be hit with an Anti-Trust lawsuit because they are becoming a monopoly. Also, how is it that UPS, FedEx, DHL & all the other courier companies have to have drivers that are DOT compliant but Amazon can hire anyone who has a pulse and can remotely follow GPS directions to a house? Also, the small Amazon vans have no DOT numbers on them. All of the other companies trucks all have DOT numbers on them. Amazon is playing outside the rules since Bezos feels he's above the law. Hopefully someday someone will hold Amazon to the rules the rest of the companies have to operate in. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply