cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling, but plenty of views but no "watches."

I have some shoes, Stewart Weitzman, on ebay for sale.  They are pink satin size 7 B and used only once.  I have plenty of views but no watches.  Why?  I thought they would sell by now because of Prom Season.  They are reasonably priced.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@bettyk1946 @janet9988 

Betty, I think Janet is right. Some detail must be turning off potential buyers.

Like you, I track watchers and views closely. A buyer of course can come up at any time, but I find that the auctions with a high proportion of watchers to views almost always get good bidding activity. This isn't nearly as significant an indicator for BIN listings.

In my category (vintage cameras) I am disappointed if watcher/views ratio falls below 20% in the first couple days of the listing. The ratio lowers gradually as the listing ages, as existing watchers "re-view" the listing.

Mike

Mike

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Views and watchers mean little when it comes to sales.  Many watchers are other sellers with a similar item to sell.  Have you searched that item to see what other sellers are charging?  Clothing items are very over saturated here and only the best priced items will sell.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Maybe due to the color.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I know Stuart Weitzman, but I'm way, way too old for prom. I don't see young girls searching for those to complete their 'look'. With that being said... hang tight. Somebody who appreciates them will come along. Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@bettyk1946 @janet9988 

Betty, I think Janet is right. Some detail must be turning off potential buyers.

Like you, I track watchers and views closely. A buyer of course can come up at any time, but I find that the auctions with a high proportion of watchers to views almost always get good bidding activity. This isn't nearly as significant an indicator for BIN listings.

In my category (vintage cameras) I am disappointed if watcher/views ratio falls below 20% in the first couple days of the listing. The ratio lowers gradually as the listing ages, as existing watchers "re-view" the listing.

Mike

Mike

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi Mike:  Thanks for your input.  I'll keep trying or retake the pictures with the dirt off the shoes.  (Couldn't get it off but I'll try other products.)

Bettyk

Message 6 of 6
latest reply