cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falsely opening a return case?

Hi everyone, i have a question. I, as of today, had Ebay render against  me in a return case. I wanted everyones opinion on this. The buyer contacted me stating that the speakers he purchased from me were slightly damaged and that he had also contacted Kenwood Electronics asking about these particular speakers. He stated that they (Kenwood) said that they didnt make these subwoofers. Implying that im selling him some sort of fake speakers. I have the receipt showing where they were purchased brand new from the largest licensed Kenwood dealer in NC. He bought these at less than half of new cost. Not to mention free shipping which cost me over $20 to ship. I  asked for proof of either claim and he NEVER gave ANY proof. I, not the buyer, asked Ebay to step in. Not only did they rule in his favor with absolutely no proof of ANY of his claims but has deleted the "appeal" icon where i can not appeal the case? Since when does ebay simply take the buyers word and not the seller? Why is there no proof of his claims necessary? False claims to return something should be delt with  on ebays part towards the BUYER! The buyer even stated that he didnt even try and use them to see how well they worked! Ebay has really dropped the ball on this. Please leave your thoughts, thanks. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Several days and 93 views and no one, not a single reply? Really? Why is no one willing to discuss this? This has to have happened to someone else and it's not right! eBay taking the side of a buyer over a seller with absolutely NO PROOF! That's all I asked for! If eBay does not change this, I will no longer use them for ANYTHING! I will also make it as public as I can, not that they will care. Every single person I know will know of this and will spread the word as well. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ebay always sides with the buyer except in extreme cases
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

These speakers? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Kenwood-Excelon-10-034-subs-/263185163070?hash=item3d470ee33e%3Ag%3A... buyer says they were damaged, you need to contact whom you shipped it with and file a claim. Ebay ruled correctly and if its you word against the buyer, the buyer usually prevails. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yup ebay will always side with the buyer, I had a customer buy a womens black top, she had it for 28 days.  On the 29 day she started a return saying the item had snags all over the front of the top.  I asked her to send me a picture of the snags.  She sent a picture of a black top with snags.  I had no choice but to accept the return.  I received the top in the mail a few days later, low and behold it wasn't even the black top that I sold the customer.  I contacted the customer about it, she swore up and down it was.  I (big mistake) opened a case with ebay about it.  They gave her return money amount.  So I got a womens top that I didn't even sell for a friggin rag.  Got to love ebay!!  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

unfortunately ebay always sides with the buyers (99.999%).
there is no seller protection, only time would be INR cases...(of course, tracking shows it delivered..no brainer). there needs to be better system where sellers are believed by ebay because no matter what(sellers) you provide to ebay, chances of you (seller) winning cases is slim to none. very seller unfriendly these days at ebay.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply