cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero feedback messaging questions that seem “phishy”

Hey, so is anyone else having random questions asked from zero feedback people where you feel it’s more phishing than anything? I’ve had it twice this week on the same item and it feels very suspect. I have no clue if I’m being hacked or scammed in some way. I answered their basic question but now I’m not sure I should have even replied to either inquiry! Nothing ever comes of it. No sale in other words. Anyone? Thx. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You didn't provide much detail on what the item was/is or what questions were asked. It is not unusual to get questions about listed items I receive them all the time. Most are legitimate questions regarding something that was not clear in the item description and usually results in me tweaking the item description a bit to avoid repeat questions. 

The fact that is/was a 0 feedback buyer probably means nothing depending on the question, since everyone started both as a buyer and a seller with a 0 feedback score. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@caliaries wrote:

Hey, so is anyone else having random questions asked from zero feedback people where you feel it’s more phishing than anything? I’ve had it twice this week on the same item and it feels very suspect. I have no clue if I’m being hacked or scammed in some way. I answered their basic question but now I’m not sure I should have even replied to either inquiry! Nothing ever comes of it. No sale in other words. Anyone? Thx. 

Simply answering a question about the item through eBay messaging doesn't expose you to anything nefarious. If you're not following someone's link to another website or downloading some file that you were not expecting, you'll be fine.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

is anyone else having random questions asked from zero feedback people where you feel it’s more phishing than anything

What sensitive information are they trying to phish from you? Are they sending you links, or asking you to log in somewhere? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@caliaries 

It really isn't possible for any of us to accurately assist you as you didn't give us any details.  What are they asking?

As far as being hacked, are they asking you for your account login info?  Are they giving you a link they want you to go to and enter your account info?  What makes it seem like they are trying to hack you?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 5
latest reply