cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using images in the title of an auction.

Does Ebay allow you to use images in your listing title? 

For example, the small red apple in this listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-13-Apple-MacBook-Pro-3-5-GHz-i7-512-SSD-HD-16GB-RAM-Warranty-New/29258...

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@auction_brokers,

No, a photo cannot be included in the item Title. The Title line is text only.  The first photo you select for a listing, will be displayed to the left of the title on a search results page.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

That's a emoji not a photo, so it's allowed even though a lot of people can't see them on their particular device.
For example I'm using a Android phone and it comes up as a question mark because I don't have that particular set downloaded
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

That's what I thought, I figured it would be a way to attract buyers, but assumed Ebay would not allow it.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ok, so Emojis are allowed? Interesting.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@auction_brokers wrote:

Ok, so Emojis are allowed? Interesting.

But a waste, IMO. Your title is a container for search keywords, to make your listings as easy to find as possible. No one in their right mind searches by emojis.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I actually actively avoid listings that use them and various other tricks to make you look, such as L@@k!!!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Not using for searches, but when your listing appears with other listings it makes it stand out. It only seems to take up one space and I normally don't use all of my title space so I thought it could only help.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Actually they're not........special characters, superscript, and subscript are not allowed in titles and subtitles.

Good luck getting eBay to do anything about it though.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@auction_brokers wrote:

Not using for searches, but when your listing appears with other listings it makes it stand out. It only seems to take up one space and I normally don't use all of my title space so I thought it could only help.

The title of your product is probably the most important thing that a search engine uses to identify what your listing is about. It is strongly suggested that the use of punctuation and special characters interferes with SEO and lowers your placement in Search. So using the emojis might actually hurt your listing. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply