cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trading assistant

Wondering how to find a trading assistant. I’m located in the Central Valley California. I have a whole storage unit full of sellable items. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Trading assistant

@fishinfool99676 

Best to advertise locally on FB or CL.  Given the fact that you will have to acquire taxes, returns, seller fees and possible fraudulent activity, it's doubtful that anyone will reply unless you are willing to pay out a hefty fee to the seller as much as 50% or more.   Sell it your self or donate it.  

Happy Holidays.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Trading assistant

You'd be better off selling all what you have to an ebay seller and let them list and sell it out right. Profit sharing does not work these days not enough meat left on the bone. No ones going to want to list items for you its their time and they have to deal with fees and returns etc. They also have to deal with shipping. You may want a lot more money per item than the market realizes. Things have changed. Or why not list things yourself?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Trading assistant

The eBay Trading Assistant program died.  Later eBay tried the eBay Valet program, and it also died.  The fact is that selling for others has so many pitfalls and potential liabilities that few, if any, experienced sellers are interested.

Sell the things yourself on eBay.  Or find a consignment shop or auction house locally that will take the items.  Or have a big, well-advertised garage or "estate" sale.

-

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Trading assistant

Look in the phone book of the nearest large city for consignment shops , pawn brokers, liquidators, and auction houses.

Or advertise on FaceBook or Craigslist for an online seller who will buy the contents outright.

Insist as part of the deal that the storage unit be emptied immediately and make sure the site operator knows that you are ending your lease on the unit .

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Trading assistant

eBay Trading Assistants:** You can search for eBay Trading Assistants in your area. These individuals are experienced sellers who can help you list and sell items on eBay. Visit the eBay website and use their directory to find Trading Assistants near you.
Consignment Shops:** Contact local consignment shops in your area. Some of them may offer services to sell items on your behalf in exchange for a percentage of the sale.
Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, or Craigslist:** These platforms allow you to sell items locally. You can find individuals or businesses that specialize in selling items for others. Be sure to meet in public places when arranging meetings with potential assistants.
Local Business Groups:** Join local business groups or networking events in the Central Valley. You may find individuals or businesses specializing in selling services.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Trading assistant

@woodrowmo-30 wrote:

eBay Trading Assistants:** You can search for eBay Trading Assistants in your area. These individuals are experienced sellers who can help you list and sell items on eBay. Visit the eBay website and use their directory to find Trading Assistants near you...

You copied and pasted that from something you found on the web.  You did no research, did not check the date, do not know enough about eBay to know that there is NO eBay Trading Assistant program in the United States.

-

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Trading assistant

@reallynicestamps  Phone book? What's a phone book?-that is what my 10 year-old granddaughter asked me! (And I had an old one to show her.) 😊

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Trading assistant

@murph1727   I am old and cranky.

There are online "phone books" .  I use Canada 411 from time to time - not sure of any US equivalent.

It's not very useful except for us old folks who have landlines.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply