cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The return policy cannot be changed or removed if an auction-style listing has a bid or...

• The return policy cannot be changed or removed if an auction-style listing has a bid or ends within 12 hours, or a fixed price listing has a pending Best Offer.
What the heck is this?
These fields are dead! How could I have changed them? I was just revising a listing to add some description, and nothing else changed.
revise-error.jpg
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The return policy cannot be changed or removed if an auction-style listing has a bid or...

Hi @dreambooks 

Descriptions also can't be revised on auctions with a bid or ending within 12 hours.  Neither can a BIN listing with a pending offer or counteroffer.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It is not fair to bidders for you to make changes after they place a bid, thus the reason for not allowing you to do so with only 12 hours to go.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It's not ending in 12 hours. I just listed it yesterday, and it's ending in 5 days 18 hours.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes, it can not be revised, but I can add. Yes, there is no way to revise your description if there is a bid, as that field is dead. But there is an active field that you can add to your description.

The error says something that is not possible for the buyer to make.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The error is about return policy.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You can't revise the return policy, because the auction has received bids.  Even if you cancel the bids, the original terms cannot be changed.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/revising-listing?id=4356

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I was not messing any thing.

A dead field means that field cannot be messed.

Here is a another thread about the same problem. It's a technical problem.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/The-return-policy-cannot-be-changed-or-removed-if-an-auction/m...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply