cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terapeak has been down for a week

I haven't been able to access Terapeak for at least a week. It is having an impact on my business. Is there anyone who can help? Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you sign in to ebay.ca and go to your Seller Hub page there, can you use Terapeak through the Research tab? You may have to change the "listing site" from ebay.ca to ebay.com in the upper right corner to see ebay.com results, and prices would be in CA$, but that might be better than nothing if it works for you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What link are you using? Any difference if you try another browser?

This seems to be working for me:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/research?marketplace=EBAY-US&tabName=SOLD

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@captainhonestselling 

It doesn't show any problems, you can report issues on their site.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

How is it having an impact?

What did you do before Terapeak?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I've been using it daily - on a Mac, a chromebook, and Dell laptop.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I'm getting Error Code 500 - internal server. Tried on multiple devices/browsers. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

If you sign in to ebay.ca and go to your Seller Hub page there, can you use Terapeak through the Research tab? You may have to change the "listing site" from ebay.ca to ebay.com in the upper right corner to see ebay.com results, and prices would be in CA$, but that might be better than nothing if it works for you.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I've been using it fine, and I use it extensively.  Could be a DNS/internet issue if you're getting an Error 500, or something tied to your account.  Try reading out to your ISP, and also try eBay via Facebook Messenger (those reps have a much higher reputation for actually understanding and solving problems than the phone reps):  https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Why would terapeak have an impact on your business ? IMO terapeak is very misleading. People who buy on Ebay expect Ebay prices not a book price from everywhere in the world.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Terapeak only gives eBay prices.  At least when accessed from eBay, dunno if there's a separate service that does more.  And it's exceptionally useful in doing so, because it only displays completed (paid) sales and lets you do some filtering, though not as much as the regular eBay search, while going back up to 2 years instead of only 90 days.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thank you so much, that worked. Another option I just learned is going to "help and contact" and the top of the page and just searching seller hub. It brings up a button that actually works to restore the hub.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

It helps me find very obscure items and gives me an idea of what I should pay for something, rather than going in blindly. I use it nearly every day. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thanks, Captain!  New ebay seller here and my site wasn't set up as "Seller Hub" so I didn't have all the options.  Did what you said above and have all sorts of new information! 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Awesome, good luck selling 😎

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Terapeak is the only place to get actual sold prices. The prices eBay puts out when you do a general search (commonly called "ebay sold prices") are actually wrong much of the time (single bid auctions where buyer offered more to seller and it ended listing immediately, BINOBO's, sales where buyer and seller agreed to a price via eBay messages). Having access to Terapeak is the only way to know if your pricing is competitive because someone could list an item for $5000 at BINOBO, accept a price of $3000, and ebay sold prices shows a $5000 sale. The only way to see that $3000 sale is to go onto Terapeak - where the actual price is shown.

Also, Terapeak is the only place to see the actual amount charged in shipping - to get a real sense of the item. So it helps you understand pricing differences when sellers use free shipping vs reduced shipping vs full price shipping and how that affects the total price paid buy a buyer and how much buyers might be willing to pay - all costs included (well, except taxes, which can vary by state/country).

Message 15 of 15
latest reply