cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Changing My Listings To Turn On Best Offer

I deliberately turn this feature off yet it magically turns back on.

Is there a way to turn the feature off permanently? 

Ebay and Paypal fees are high enough that I should have this control over my listings.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Nope.

'Control over listings' - That's a good one.  Ha ha ha  Smiley Sad

But, look at the bright side - ebay says they are doing it to help you sell better/more.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yeah that's a fair call. The more we sell, the more ebay makes. The problem is I want what the product is worth. I dont want to waste my time dealing with people who are making offers on products that i haven't even allowed them to. The offer parameters are often to low and once you add in the fees all over the place then there's not much point.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@squiglymoes wrote:
Yeah that's a fair call. The more we sell, the more ebay makes. The problem is I want what the product is worth. I dont want to waste my time dealing with people who are making offers on products that i haven't even allowed them to. The offer parameters are often to low and once you add in the fees all over the place then there's not much point.

Best watch out - some might think you are greedy, 'wanting what something is worth'.   Smiley Wink

Someone should be along to give you hints on the best ways to avoid, at least, some of it - I hope.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

lol

I know there are many others that feel my pain. Let's see if there are any Ebay Hax to be had.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@squiglymoes wrote:

lol

I know there are many others that feel my pain. Let's see if there are any Ebay Hax to be had.

Hi, have you tried using the Advanced listing tool? It gives sellers  greater control and more options than using the app to list or the Quick listing tool. When you turn the Best Offer feature off in the Advanced format, it stays off. But you may have to contend with it for every listing. Don’t believe there is a universal way to shut it off permanently. Sorry!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

yes in the past i have done the bulk update to the listings but as i sporadically list items it still means an additional overhead.
Next step is to write a formal complaint i think.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply