cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Won't Calculate for Buyers

Anyone else running into this? I had a couple of auctions end today and they both contacted me and asked for an invoice. Then I just had a person try to purchase something and sent me a message saying she is getting a message saying I don't ship to her state.

I don't see another thread on this issue in particular so I am wondering what is up--seems like a glitch related to the shipping cost changes with USPS.

I am pretty sure it's not something I have done as I have two stores and it's happening on both.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

OK, I can see that it is only happening to items above a certain weight. 12-13 ounces or more--something like that. 

Amazing.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Having the same problem  not calculating First Class for 14-16oz packages.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Everyone should be running into this issue that has first class mail items that weigh 14 to 16 ounces.

I had customers ask the price items and thought the shipping calculator was down.  eBay support via Twitter explained that USPS First Class Mail no longer supports weights over 13 ounces and is returning to the more expensive option for sellers and their customers of forcing those items to ship through Parcel direct or Priority Mail.

It’s made more frustrating because eBay can’t get their act together and the listing forms and mobile apps at the time of writing this reply to you still happily access the heavier weight.

It seems that because Counter pricing now only goes up to 13 ounces that they can no longer show the higher weights because there is no ‘counter’ price for those weights.  

I went round in circles and eventually gave up and simply said that eBay knew there was going to be an issue, they should have mitigated this issue and had the post office provision pricing or displayed the Zone 1 rate for Priority Mail as the First Class Package pricing for those weights automatically and continued to allow the sellers to process their packages through since they can still produce a label for those weights on first class mail.  The price was, in 2017 and up until January 21st 2018 the same price anyway.

It would have been far simpler for vendors and then just have a pop up for the seller when it came to invoicing to say that this charge was only for online labels processed by through eBay.

Either way, I gave up and went through all my listings and switched anything that was 14 ounces or didn’t show a shipping price on the screen to Priority mail and the only ones that were not done are those that had less than 12 hours left to run and will be amended before, they are relisted if they are relisted.  Some items it’s just not worth putting back on, the higher shipping cost makes it impossible to get sales.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Why would you use the shipping calculator for First Class?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@oceanviewengineer2015

Posted by a "blue" on another thread.

Apparently they are working on it.

Facebook link, so I do not know what it actually says there,

Check out our eBay For Business announcement for more info. Additional details will shared as soon as they are available!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply