cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling an item as buy it now after having one bid

I have 6 items listed with one bid on them. The person who placed the bid wants to buy them now . How do I do that? thank you 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You can just end all the listings, choosing to sell the items to the current high bidder.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/ending-listing?id=4146

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@rubypearl96 wrote:

How do I do that?

You don't. When someone starts an auction you let it ride to be fair to all prospective buyers. Don't do auctions if you plan to waste people's time. Also the guy who wants to buy them is probably low balling you and you could end up with more $$ if you let the auction run its' course.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

thank you 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Personally, I agree more with coolections on this one.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Yes I would do as Message #3 has posted.  I have seen auctions sit for 3 or so days with 1 or 4 bids on them.  When it has less than 1 minute left it get POUNDED with bids and maybe triple or quad the current bid. Let it ride.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@rubypearl96 follow @nobody*s_perfect  advice. The items are yours to sell.

Obviously you and the buyer have already agreed on a price for the six items, otherwise you wouldn't want to end the listing with one bid.

I went thru the same thing a number of years back around this time of year. The person just wanted to make sure she could get the necklace for her mother before Christmas. No big deal, everything worked out great. I even got a Merry Christmas message from the daughter

Like I said, it's your item(s). You're free to sell it to whomever you wish. Good Luck, Merry Christmas!

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@doug_5857 wrote:

Yes I would do as Message #3 has posted.  I have seen auctions sit for 3 or so days with 1 or 4 bids on them.  When it has less than 1 minute left it get POUNDED with bids and maybe triple or quad the current bid. Let it ride.

In the past 90 days, the OP has run 637 auctions and has sold 28 of them, including 27 which got only one bid.  So a last-minute bidding frenzy for her items seems unlikely. Also, none of her current auctions has any bids, so it looks like she has ended the items under discussion.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@doug_5857 wrote:

In the past 90 days, the OP has run 637 auctions and has sold 28 of them, including 27 which got only one bid.  So a last-minute bidding frenzy for her items seems unlikely. Also, none of her current auctions has any bids, so it looks like she has ended the items under discussion.

Her main problem then seems to choosing the correct format to list in.  Fixed price with a BO option is probably a better choice for her than auction style listings.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Time waster for sure. OP needs to stick to fixed price.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Fixed Price/ Immediate Payment Required.

But with only ten days left til Christmas,  I would not promise timely delivery unless the buyer will pay for overnight express by courier.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Honestly, coolections is right. Just let it ride and see how it goes. 

But if you still do want to have the buyer "buy it now," there are two ways. 

1. Allow offers on the auction. The buyer puts in the price you both agreed on, he sends it, you accept, and done. 

2. End the auction and put it as a buy it now with the price you both agreed on. Your auction has a bid,  so if you end it, you may be charged the FVF (Final Value Fee), as eBay strongly discourages it. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@eye_of_the_tiger wrote:

Honestly, coolections is right. Just let it ride and see how it goes. 

But if you still do want to have the buyer "buy it now," there are two ways. 

1. Allow offers on the auction. The buyer puts in the price you both agreed on, he sends it, you accept, and done. 

2. End the auction and put it as a buy it now with the price you both agreed on. Your auction has a bid,  so if you end it, you may be charged the FVF (Final Value Fee), as eBay strongly discourages it. 

Of course, in the case of an auction style listing with a BO option, once the listing receives a bid, any offer becomes void and the option is no longer available.  

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

If you have reached a mutually agreeable price, a meeting of the minds so to speak, end the auction. If you think you can get more, don’t. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@keynesguy wrote:

If you have reached a mutually agreeable price, a meeting of the minds so to speak, end the auction. If you think you can get more, don’t. 

The problem with that is that any bidders would have a legitimate complaint that the auction wasn't being conducted in good faith and some states take that sort of thing very seriously.  Of course, it can be done both legally and conforming to eBay's rules provided there is sufficient time left on the listing.  Unfortunately, do such things often hurts one's reputation and ability to draw bidders in future auctions.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply