cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of listing

My listing for a mercedes benz baseball hat was removed ...

Ebay sent this email.   The hat is not counterfeit. I purchased it at  a Mercedes bens dealer.  How can I contact Ebay on this?  Thank you

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Counterfeit item policy. We don’t allow counterfeit items, replicas, or unauthorized copies.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Removal of listing

When that has happened to me before (selling Chanel perfumes), I just relisted.  Figured it was a competitor reporting me.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

Found your problem - that Mercedes Bens dealer was started by the guy that owns McDowell’s Hamburgers.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

Dealerships are not immune from selling or giving away counterfeit products.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

Don't waste time contacting eBay. Just don't relist the hat.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

Dealerships have and sell unlicensed hats all the freaking time. Most auto dealers do not have any sort of arrangement which allows them to produce and sell items bearing the trademarks of the brand they sell, but they often do it anyway.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

@becquer2013 

The email you got from Ebay likely told you what you needed to do.  What did they tell you?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

@libbywebst wrote:

When that has happened to me before (selling Chanel perfumes), I just relisted.  Figured it was a competitor reporting me.

@libbywebst 

That is dangerous advice.  You may have gotten lucky and slipped through the cracks, but most times when a seller does the, as it specifically tells you NOT to do this in the email, Ebay catches you again, pulls the listing and dings your account.  Do it a third time and you will likely get a sort vaca from selling.  Do it a fourth time and it could end up being a permanent vaca.

A single report rarely gets an account removed.  And if the report comes from a competitor, Ebay does track that and would not likely remove the listing.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

Well then, I guess it's a roll of the dice.  Happened to me maybe 5 times in my ten years here.  Just relisted and the items sold no problemo.  Comment not framed as "advice," per se, more anecdotal.  OP obviously free to make his/her own risk assessment based on everyone's opinions, including yours.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

@libbywebst wrote:

Well then, I guess it's a roll of the dice.  Happened to me maybe 5 times in my ten years here.  Just relisted and the items sold no problemo.  Comment not framed as "advice," per se, more anecdotal.  OP obviously free to make his/her own risk assessment based on everyone's opinions, including yours.  

@libbywebst 

If you want to take the risk, that is your right to do it.  But please don't come here and offer that as advice to any seller with listings being removed by Ebay.  You could cause a seller REAL financial harm.  If it works for you fine, you have the right to risk whatever you see fit on your own account.  But don't mislead others into potentially damaging their accounts.

BTW, it typically isn't a roll of the dice.  You are in a real minority here if you got an email from Ebay telling you that they were removing a listing or listing for cause.  Now there are times that Ebay does allow the seller to fix the offending feature of the listing that cause the issue.  Like a picture or a brand name in the title that didn't belong there.  But if you simply relist without making the changes, that is potentially harmful.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

Please go back and actually read what I posted.  You are the one construing my comment as "advice" (and jumping down my throat for "misleading" OP or even, "causing" him/her harm).  Did I use words like, "hey, OP, you should do this," or "hey OP, go ahead and relist your item"?  No.  I simply stated that when the same happened to me, I relisted without consequence. 

Regardless of whether I am in the "minority here," by acknowledging that there IS one, you also acknowledge that there is at least a quantifiable set of circumstances where OP, like me, could simply relist the item and not get in trouble with Daddy ebay (or get a firm finger-wag from busy-bodies).

We are all adults here.  OP can take or leave user comments.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Removal of listing

I had the same thing happen to me regarding a Husqvarna product.

I had to deal with the (middleman) company that Husqvarna hired to report listings to ebay for removal.

I was able to prove that the item was not counterfeit by producing a receipt for the item from Husqvarna themselves.

I took a few weeks and several emails, but I eventually got the item re-listed.

Good luck to you.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 12 of 12
latest reply