cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neutral Feedback Received For Cost of Shipping Thru Global Shipping Program

I recently sold an item to a buyer in Switzerland. It was a small Hot Wheels type car. I packed it and shipped it immediately and it was actually delivered rather quickly (8 days between dropping it at the local post office to delivery). I happened to notice today that he left me neutral feedback. His words were "item true and nice / fast service / but shipping too expensive ($10 over normal)". So I call eBay and talk to someone about getting dinged for something that is out of my control such as shipping prices through the Global Shipping Program. Of course, I am told that there is nothing they can do to remove a neutral and that a neutral isn't really a "ding". My response was that it is a ding and that up until 8 months ago, after being on eBay for almost 17 years, I had NEVER had a "ding" of any kind on my feedback. This year has seen 4 (2 neutral, 2 neg). All from low feedback buyers. This buyer has been with eBay for all of 23 days and he has the knowledge of what an International Sale should cost him??? These new buyers that have inundated eBay in the past year or so are a huge source of frustration. I have never had more Unpaid Item Claims as I have had this year. I used to rarely have them. Now, I have them at least 2 to 3 times a month. eBay's continued bias towards the buyer and lack of support for the seller in situations like this are complete and utter **bleep**. I did do a feedback revsion request but I have no hopes of getting a postive outcome. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Just so you know, the Global Shipping Program is a cash cow for Pitney Bowes and Ebay.

It is far more expensive than shipping direct and it also charges VAT that may not be necessary as well as a fee.

For cheaper items, you will get more of these using the GSP.

Personally I would never buy from anyone using the GSP no matter how much I would like the item

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

IDK - that FB should be removed considering when you change the Country, any potential buyer should be aware of the shipping/handling charge prior to making a purchase.  I know how you feel because if I were to list here, GSP would be the way for me insofar as international sales.  I have changed my shipping options on etsy to USA only - tired of international buyers complaining about shipping, lying to get items free (yes, I had on on etsy who was a typical eBay trained buyer), the list goes on, so no more international shipping for me, I've had it. 

At one point in time, eBay did say that FB remarks such as yours that they would remove it but this was before the regime - hopefully, someone can correct me if I am wrong on this, but the buyer was fully aware of the item cost + shipping.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The problem is GSP upgraded your shipping from 1st class $13.75 to priority $25.56. The just threw it in a bulk shipping box and picked up a extra 12 bucks at you and the buyers expense,but buyer was aware of the charge prior to making the purchase...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I feel your pain - I stopped shipping internationally years ago. I had a good repeat buyer in Austrailia that bought a small item - I knew it should have cost around $9 to ship direct. I used the global shipping program thinking it would protect me from dings or why use it? Buyer was unhappy because ebay charged her $10 more than what I always charged her. She was nice but unhappy - she moved to my own site after that. I quit selling internationally on ebay. I suppose for many the global shipping program works but for me with small items it just didn't make sense. I think everyone needs to access the program for themselves.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@vwbus78

This is from the FAQ about Global Shipping:

Am I protected from negative feedback?

Your buyers will be able to leave you feedback for transactions involving GSP items. However, eBay will remove negative or neutral feedback associated with GSP transactions in the following circumstances:

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. If a GSP item is delivered to your buyer and your buyer leaves you negative or neutral feedback associated with the GSP item but does not file an [MBG claim] eBay Money Back Guarantee claim, you may contact Customer Support to request that any negative or neutral feedback associated with that GSP item be removed. eBay will review the transaction and may remove the feedback if the circumstances fall within the feedback removal policy.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Did you message the buyer with an explination of the shipping cost letting them know that "you" only charged $4.11 for shipping? 

Did you ask for a revision of feedback be based on your seller performance rather than them rating what the GSP did to them? ( which others have pointed out..... the buyer was aware of the charges before purchase)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I might have to make another call based on this information.....thanks.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I requested a revision based on both facts...price of shipping on my end and the performance end of the transaction. It took this newbie member all of 1/2 hour to decline my revision request.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@vwbus78

Your buyers will be able to leave you feedback for transactions involving GSP items. However, eBay will remove negative or neutral feedback associated with GSP transactions in the following circumstances:

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. If a GSP item is delivered to your buyer and your buyer leaves you negative or neutral feedback associated with the GSP item but does not file an [MBG claim] eBay Money Back Guarantee claim, you may contact Customer Support to request that any negative or neutral feedback associated with that GSP item be removed. eBay will review the transaction and may remove the feedback if the circumstances fall within the feedback removal policy.

THIS^^^^^

Great post

Have policy in hand when calling ebay, it might take more than once:(

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@starroute-us wrote:

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@vwbus78

1. ...
  2. ...

THIS^^^^^

Great post

Have policy in hand when calling ebay, it might take more than once:(

Might?

Never send a revision request unless the buyer has already agreed to it.
You only get a few per year:(
Always try for removal first by asking here:)

Oh block that bidder ID
Message 12 of 12
latest reply