cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW LISTING FORMAT

EBAY CONTINUES TO CHANGE AND CONFUSE SELLERS!  WHAT IS WITH THE TWO SHIPPING SELECTIONS? I CAN'T FIND  THE "MEDIA MAIL" SELECTION.  THESE CLOWNS MUST SIT AROUND THINKING OF CHANGES THEY CAN MAKE TO JUSTIFY THEIR EXISTENCE. EBAY CAN'T JUST LEAVE THING ALONE.  EBAY IS TRYING TO LOOK LIKE THE BIG BOY IN THE SELLING BUT CONTINUE TO FAIL MISERABLY.  I TRIED TO USE "SELL A LIKE ITEM"  BUT ONLY THE DOWNLOAD VIDEO IS AN OPTION, NO PHOTO IS ALLOWED. ONLY WITH NEW LISTING. I AM ABOUT DONE WITH EBAY.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

NEW LISTING FORMAT

Once you get use to the new style it's not so bad.  I had no problem finding media mail as an option when I'm selling a book.  It is even recommended that I ship with that option.  Media mail is restrictive on what can be shipped and that has nothing to with eBay.  I love the new picture feature.  It's faster.  

Good luck

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

NEW LISTING FORMAT

@micromos 

I suggest you to list using old listing tool, if you want to use the old listing tool again, go to the following link:

https://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&forcetool=CUB

Good Luck..

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

I tried that but it reverts back to the new system. I would love to use the old system.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

Using that old system link isn't doing you any favours as you're gonna have to get used to the new one anyway, and I don't think there are any substantial improvements coming down the line.

Media mail doesn't show up in all categories.

It's fiddly and took me 4-5 listings to get used to it, but it's much improved.  I used it in beta and it was really bad.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

Usually we see that someone is trying to list something with MM which would qualify if they weren't choosing a related category that isn't, ie a sports book under actual sporting goods or a WW2 book under military memorabilia. What are you trying to list? It's not a new format issue, it's user error. It's to prevent abusing the system.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Media Mail was the most famous category for shipping abuse.  USPS and eBay have tightened and restricted Media Mail shipping to just a handful of categories.   It's usually the category, not the item, which causes the restriction.

Media Mail doesn't even show up as an option for the stuff I ship.  Of course, none of the stuff I ship actually meets Media Mail specifications.  So there's that.

underwirez_0-1667690740488.png

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

@micromos 

@micromos wrote:

I tried that but it reverts back to the new system. I would love to use the old system.

The link is still working with me, i don't know why the link not working with you.!

What device you're using (Desktop or phone)??

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

I see your comics are listed media mail. They usually don't qualify either.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

@aqeeqsouq wrote:

@micromos 

@micromos wrote:

The link is still working with me, i don't know why the link not working with you.!

What device you're using (Desktop or phone)??

I'm not the OP, but I experimented with that link just out of curiosity - after one listing it would revert back to the new listing form.  If I did sell similar it would immediately revert to the new listing form.  Another time I managed to daisy chain three listings (I think) in a row as long as they were the same item (a women's shirt in this case - that's a feature I wish they would implement with the new listing tool instead of making us go back to our templates every time), until the 4th reverted, then I couldn't get the old listing tool back.

It was really inconsistent.  This was about two months ago.  I wonder if mileage varies on this.

ETA: I can't get the old listing tool on my phone (Android) unless I use the web app.  I've got good eyesight but not that danged good!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

Once you get use to the new style it's not so bad.  I had no problem finding media mail as an option when I'm selling a book.  It is even recommended that I ship with that option.  Media mail is restrictive on what can be shipped and that has nothing to with eBay.  I love the new picture feature.  It's faster.  

Good luck

Message 10 of 10
latest reply