cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos to buyer; example of how INR cases should be handled

Buyer pays for item on 11/30/20;  I shipped the item on 12/1/30 with an estimated delivery date of 12/4/20 since the package was going from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts. I get an email from eBay on 12/11/20 that the buyer opened an INR. I immediately checked USPS web site and the only tracking information they showed is that USPS was in possession of the item on 12/1/20 and on 12/5/20 that the package was still in transit but would be arriving late.

The buyer opened a case with USPS on 12/8/20.  I called USPS on 12/11/20 and emailed the buyer to apologize for the delay and let him know I would be closely monitoring the tracking info for the package which I did. 

On 12/15/20 USPS finally updated the tracking info in the case. Imagine my surprise when I see that the package is in Florida!!!!!! The buyer also saw this and emailed me that the package decided to escape the coming snow storm for the northeast and go to Florida.  This made me laugh although again I was on the phone with USPS to find out WHY a package from PA to MA is in FL. The USPS customer service rep could not answer my question (I knew she wouldn't because logistically it made no sense).

The good news and happy ending is that the patient buyer got their package today and closed their INR case. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Packages end up in the wrong bin all the time.  I had a package wrongly sent to Puerto Rico by mistake once..  Glad your buyer was understanding. Misplaced packages are quite common.  I'm in NJ and bought something from Washington state, it was shipped, landed on the East Coast, went back West Coast TWICE before finally getting to NJ and delivered to me.  That's the USPS for you.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have an open case right now.  The package is late.  It's  going from Hawaii to California. The tracking shows it's in Tennessee right now. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Same thing happened to me i shipped package from Pa. to Ohio it went to Texas then turned around and went back finally to destination of Ohio-In short a 15 day deal

luckily i had a very understanding buyer

As well on my part i stayed in constant communication with daily updates

Be efficient in this matter and upfront when it happens,It makes a world of difference.

Best of Luck in the future😀

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Filing INR without contacting the seller is a **bleep** thing to do. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Just tell the buyer "I'm sorry, your package is on a "drunkards walk" around the country."

( My last one went from Atlanta to Jacksonville to Puerto Rico, back to Jacksonville, then to me, near Savannah.)

______
I am a volunteer here to try and help others, so be nice and remember - My advice might well be worth what you're paying for it.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I love a happy ending with two consenting adults.

:))

And it involved Travel!

Happy Holidays, 

Grandma 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply