cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you noticed the new Feedback button on your listings?

I'm not really certain how long it has been there, but I'm pretty sure it has been long... Or did I just miss it?  So basically, if you sell repeatables and you get a nuetral or negative on an item, you might as well end the listing and relist it from scratch.FB button.jpg

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I don't see it on my multiple listings so maybe you're in a new trial. If the feedback is bad on that particular item - maybe you shouldn't be selling it.

I do think it's helpful for buyers as many times I check feedback to see if anyone has had a complaint with one of the specific items a seller has for sale and have to wade through hundreds of listings before finding one. 

As a small seller it benefits us as it brings to light the problem items many of the overseas sellers and importers are selling that is below par and buyers would look elsewhere on here rather than buying from them.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

I don't see it on my multiple listings so maybe you're in a new trial. If the feedback is bad on that particular item - maybe you shouldn't be selling it.

I do think it's helpful for buyers as many times I check feedback to see if anyone has had a complaint with one of the specific items a seller has for sale and have to wade through hundreds of listings before finding one. 

As a small seller it benefits us as it brings to light the problem items many of the overseas sellers and importers are selling that is below par and buyers would look elsewhere on here rather than buying from them.

Seriously????  Anyone can get a buyer that has a bad day.  I have 3 neutrals right now that the buyer revised from negatives.  The product wasn't the problem, failure to read the listing was.  Since basically all my listings are set up identically, by your logic I shouldn't be selling any of them.

Blink Blink
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You always have the right to respond to that feedback or do like you did and have the buyer revise the feedback.

Most sellers don't have 100% feedback - doesn't stop me from buying from them if they have a few negs as I know some buyers are PITAS - and if a seller has handled themselve's professionally in their response to the neg - I have even more confidence that if I have a problem - it will be dealt with.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

That's a far more reasonable comment and less dogmatic than your initial comment that if you have a neutral or negative, maybe you shouldn't be selling the item.

Blink Blink
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Just another ebay do nothing feature serves no purpose and adds no monetary value to anything....

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

We've seen many sellers the past few weeks come to the boards upset with negatives - only to look and see that the feedbacks for that particular item were all about it being junk, breaking ect... There are some items that are subpar that shouldn't be sold on Ebay or anywhere else and that's why they end up at the Dollar store.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Isn't that why eBay added product reviews? 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Eh?  If you get a bad review, end the listing and relist it from scratch as well.  I'm all for buyers being able to be informed, but most buyers don't leave reviews so it makes the PRODUCT look bad when you have a buyer who may be partially responsible for their own dissatisfaction.

Blink Blink
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

yes , i believe that started a while back...must be a test thing or a new thing that just is now showing up more and more

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@pingpong517 wrote:

yes , i believe that started a while back...must be a test thing or a new thing that just is now showing up more and more

Apparently the button only starts showing up when the item has reviews.  Just in testing my own, the minimum has been 3 reviews.

Blink Blink
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Is anyone else who sells repeatables seeing this on their listings?????

Blink Blink
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the new feedback button appears on many of my multi-quantity listings.

I first became aware of this a few weeks ago when another poster started a thread about it.

I don't mind the feature, as long as I don't get a neg!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
I'm all for it. These are items usually from big sellers and I don't have time to wade through thousands of feedback to see if ppl are happy with a particular type of item. If the feedback is all bad on this type of item, I'd walk away from purchasing it, but it doesn't mean all the items the seller offers are bad. I might see a seller with hundreds of negs, but I can now easily see if they pertain to the item I'm interested in.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinupsplus wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

Seriously????  Anyone can get a buyer that has a bad day.  I have 3 neutrals right now that the buyer revised from negatives.  The product wasn't the problem, failure to read the listing was.  Since basically all my listings are set up identically, by your logic I shouldn't be selling any of them.

Sounds like your negs that were revised to neutrals were the buyer's failure to take responsibility for their own lack of doing due diligence.  Out of curiosity, what exactly was their gripe?  Did they fail to request "white"  instead of transparent, or were they trying to use it on a non-suitable surface?

Message 15 of 15
latest reply