cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake feedback on buyers profile

Hello, recently I investigated a potential buyers feedback profile prior to choosing whether or not to accept a best offer they placed on one of my listings. Upon doing so I quickly noticed that despite supposedly being left by numerous different sellers over a timeframe spanning over many months or even years that a good number of them contained the EXACT (verbatim) same text:

"Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended."

Can anybody explain how this could possibly happen and why eBay would not have some sort of a safeguard against it if it is in fact "fake" 

I've been made aware that I can not include the details of the transaction in question here, but any general comments would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@jodre-14 wrote:

Hello, recently I investigated a potential buyers feedback profile prior to choosing whether or not to accept a best offer they placed on one of my listings. Upon doing so I quickly noticed that despite supposedly being left by numerous different sellers over a timeframe spanning over many months or even years that a good number of them contained the EXACT (verbatim) same text:

"Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended."

Can anybody explain how this could possibly happen and why eBay would not have some sort of a safeguard against it if it is in fact "fake" 

I've been made aware that I can not include the details of the transaction in question here, but any general comments would be greatly appreciated. 

@jodre-14 

It is not "fake" FB.  There is the ability as a Seller to choose from preset feedbacks.  That is why they all appear to be the same - not fake or odd at all.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Well I suppose that would make sense. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have feedback like that, too.  It's canned.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Sounds like they are a good repeat buyer for some seller.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If you check any buyer, I'm sure you will see the same feedback for them on several of their purchases since it is one of the pre-set feedbacks.  Nothing fake about it at all. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you review my feedback, you need to go back 230 transactions to find the EXACT same feedback from another transaction. How about a buyer that has received the EXACT feedback 40 transactions in a row? Does anyone find that suspicious?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply