cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Delivery Dates

FYI, just removed all my listings due to inaccurate delivery dates shown to buyers.  Will list again on ebay in a month or so when things get back to normal.  Time for ebay to adjust estimated delivery dates shown to buyers?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Estimated Delivery Dates

@oldold-timer wrote:

FYI, just removed all my listings due to inaccurate delivery dates shown to buyers.  Will list again on ebay in a month or so when things get back to normal.  Time for ebay to adjust estimated delivery dates shown to buyers?

During October, November and December, I will have sold hundreds of items. 

So far not one single complaint about estimated delivery dates.

Your prerogative to sit out the busiest time of the year.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Dates

Or you could just adjust your handling times?  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Dates

@soh.maryl wrote:

Or you could just adjust your handling times?  

You are a genius, my friend!   😉

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Dates

@oldold-timer wrote:

FYI, I haven't taken down any of my listings on my six selling accounts because in 20 years I have never had an issue with a buyer caused by estimated delivery dates.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Dates

If you are looking at estimated delivery date on your own listings you are seeing dates for shipping to your zip code. 
I haven’t had any issues or complaints regarding dates if delivery.

Just so you know it’s an estimate, not the actual delivery date. 
Removing all your listings is totally up to you, you don’t have to tell us about it. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Dates

USPS deliveries are slowing as they do every year as part of the holiday shipping surge, hopefully nothing to the extent of the 2020 fiasco. Several of my late November shipments are running 4-5 days behind the expected delivery dates but so far no complaints and the tracking is being updated, nothing appears to be stuck. There have also been a lot of weather related events that are probably having an impact on transport. I always shutdown in early December and resume selling in mid to late January for a couple of reasons. First I like to enjoy the holidays and spend time with the family rather than handling eBay sales and shipments. The second reason is when I used to sell all the way through the holidays the one thing I saw a sure in during the first part of January was return requests probably for the same reasons you see the lines at retail stores with people returning their gifts. Not only a pain to deal with but it plays heck with trying to do prior year taxes. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply