cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay doomsayers rejoice. Not.

Ebay stock reached a new all-time high today of $70.49.   After hours trading has pushed it to $70.62.

Is ebay doing something right or what?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Selling off the Korean eBay site might have been one reason for the increase.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

NOPE, the pandemic saved them and once that calms down they will continue on their path downward. 

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Woooo, a whole 3 cents, break out the champagne!

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

@whiteyswrecking wrote:

NOPE, the pandemic saved them and once that calms down they will continue on their path downward. 

luckythewinner_0-1625008731802.png

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

(Selling off the Korean eBay site might have been one reason for the increase.)

eBay to Sell Classifieds Unit

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2021/06/02/ebay-to-sell-classifieds-unit-and-acquire-stake-in-the-buy... 

eBay to Sell Korean Marketplace for $3.6 Billion

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2021/06/16/ebay-to-sell-korean-marketplace-for-3-6-billion/ 

eBay Reportedly Ceasing Operations in Spain on July

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2021/06/17/ebay-reportedly-ceasing-operations-in-spain-on-july-1st/ 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Tagging on to the doom sayers:

Some ebay sellers are seeing increased sales,   increased profits,   increased everything.

Year in and year out some sellers have ridden the ebay roller coaster  and turning a nice profit.

I have no idea if Covid helped ebay or not.     It sure didn't hurt it any.    

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

It's just the stock price keeping pace with inflation.   Have you bought meat or gas recently?

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Who cares?  Let me know when that helps sellers, who pay all of the fees, generate more sales.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

It's just the stock price keeping pace with inflation.   Have you bought meat or gas recently?

I never brag about buying expensive things.  😀

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

One poster on here said it was going to end in 2024, but he could not give the exact day. 

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Rumors or small changes can drive a stock up and then folks who can quickly execute a trade can sell at the top of the market, and pocket a nice profit. Meanwhile, folks who are not able to quickly execute quick trades at the top of the market are the ones who take the loss when the stock loses value.

Kind of odd how companies who don't actually produce durable goods and who don't actually own what is being on their web sites tend to make the most money.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

OOOO you think the seller pays the fees. Yeah then you are doing it wrong. I don't pay any fees, my buyers pay them all. 

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@forward-motion wrote:

One poster on here said it was going to end in 2024, but he could not give the exact day. 

Reminds me of all those Nostradamus fanatics who find every calamity in this or that verse....AFTER the event has come to pass.  Why can't they date these things BEFORE they come to pass?

I'm just going to keep on keepin' on -- when they finally shut down the last server, then I'll just donate what's left and go spend time with my (probably great) grand kids.  They don't cost me any more than eBay, but they are a lot more fun to spend time with!!

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 14 of 30
latest reply

So...

ebay + COVID-19 = plandemic? 😮

Message 15 of 30
latest reply