cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Ebay: Would you please explain.

$14,320.46
Total sales
6.4% Down Compared to  Jan 29, 2018 - Wed, Feb 28, 2018

What you see above was our actual sales for the month of March. Notice it was down from the previous month by 6%, not starting but a drop.

This month we had 1 sale for $98, then you allowed our items to be seen for three hours in the evening of July 10th.  Fees are coming due aren't they?

Dear eBay. These are startling results for a consistent seller with excellent feedback. A loyal customer base. Things you say you like.

We didn't just go insane at the end of June. We don't have dementia. We know our market, our customers and we do it well. We are also big buyers on eBay. Well, WERE. No spending this month or any month that we can foresee right now. 

When will the killing stop?

Sincerely,
Pauline
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Unless you call a mod to your thread no one at ebay will see it.

And since you are using a posting ID, no one here can see your listings to advise you.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I think many items are being hidden. Main thing being Cassini and understanding it. 

I searched for a few daha for a certain windshield for my cbr929 on eBay...and couldn’t find what I wanted. So I decided to search google and then shopping. And this was after thuroughly searching eBay’s search for the item over and over many times...and on the first page of google shopping was an eBay LINK to the item I was looking for! THe words were just spelt in a different order. 

Price was MUCH cheaper AND the exact one I was looking for...why did I find this item on eBay through google shopping and not on eBay search itself? I HAVE NO IDEA!

And I was very close to making a username and buying the item on another site which I was dreading to do since I like to keep the buying circulating here. Hey, every bit helps!nif I had to search and buy from another site and go through making a username and all, that could of been A LOT of business for that site over the next few years or however long. But glad I found it here, but not on THIS search. Very odd. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:

I think many items are being hidden. Main thing being Cassini and understanding it. 

I believe that Cassini is done and ebay is getting ready to roll out a totally different search engine.   Which would explain the hidden listings and most of the glitches happening all of a sudden - the search and listing programs are being dinked with.

It's pretty obvious if you look at what is going on as a whole.  Wenig announced that ebay will be a product based site - that means that search will be changed.  We know it won't work, but I am hoping for some very surprising changes in some unforseen areas.

So instead of figuring out how to work Cassini - sellers should be thinking about how ebay programmers (who have zero experience with retail) are setting up the new search.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I wonder if ebay is working toward having google as the primary search.  It would please google - they would be able to have things their way - and it would take the pressure off ebay to have a 'top-notch' search engine.   ebay would save a lot of money in development, enhancements and maintainence of a search engine, not to mention SEO would not be a worry any longer.

Just idle speculation.  One of those things that makes one go 'Hmmmmm' in the night.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

And since you are using a posting ID, no one here can see your listings to advise you.

A mod is moderators who handles the forums, which is by Lithium.

A eBay blue is a eBay employee.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Absolutely, I cant even find my own things, things that have sold repeatedly over and over for years.

It seems Cassini only sees cheapest.  If I look in my categorys and do searches, Im like 47 down with a better score, more customers than almost all other sellers.  Its almost like we were handicapped to give other sellers better visibility.  Our actual items are lost beneath a bunch of similar but not even really close items.

There is 110% no way this is a slowdown.  We have years of consistency and even during slowdowns and new rollouts, no drops like this ever.

I'm getting a return everyday this week and just a got a neutral "arrived on time and was as described."

I just got a customer whos last 4 feedbacks were neutral and negatives ask me for a refund for $31 product with a price tag from the 1970's.  Aks me if Im going to refund him.   Apparently we have to start ripping old tags off of stuff that is 40 years old.

Im so sick of this place. 

This week has been the worst in a 10 year history and just getting worse. Even to the pont of zero screening and allowing extortion as a norm.  Its happened several times recently

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

I think the question is rhetorical.  

And OP wasn't asking for advice on listings.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Why waste your time posting with a lot of detail to the wind if you are not looking for some type of response?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
Most people would be thrilled to have over $14k in sales for ONE month! Or am I reading this wrong.

A 6% drop is very small compared to what others have experienced.

If your customer base is loyal, as you state, they should be able to purchase from you without needing to search for you.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Why waste your time posting with a lot of detail to the wind if you are not looking for some type of response?

Frustrated ?  Unhappy ?  Venting ?  

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

And we all know why we use those......

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

@honestabe411 wrote:

I believe that Cassini is done and ebay is getting ready to roll out a totally different search engine.   Which would explain the hidden listings and most of the glitches happening all of a sudden - the search and listing programs are being dinked with.

It's pretty obvious if you look at what is going on as a whole.  Wenig announced that ebay will be a product based site - that means that search will be changed.  We know it won't work, but I am hoping for some very surprising changes in some unforseen areas.

So instead of figuring out how to work Cassini - sellers should be thinking about how ebay programmers (who have zero experience with retail) are setting up the new search.

When it comes to jewelry, we use the KISS principle. What are people going to type in when they are looking for a piece. What if it's a buyer who doesn't understand the advanced search. What if they do. There are several basic pieces of informaton to have. What is it; ring, earrings, bracelet, what carat, what karat, what size, what stone, a designer's name?

Our buyers had no problems before, so I cannot imagine what a new search for jewelry would look like? sparkles? bling?

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@auctionpet wrote:
Most people would be thrilled to have over $14k in sales for ONE month! Or am I reading this wrong.

A 6% drop is very small compared to what others have experienced.

If your customer base is loyal, as you state, they should be able to purchase from you without needing to search for you.

I don't think you read the last paragraph. I wasn't talking about the drop from Feb to March which was 6%. 

I was taking about the drop in July which is a  heck of a lot more than just 6%

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Frustrated ?  Unhappy ?  Venting ?  

Em, I thought what I typed was short and quite concise. I think the subject ll

ine indicates who I was talking to. 

Sharingtheland eBay and those three words as well. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply