cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim Item not received, now wants refund

Looking for some advice here...

Sold a router and USPS tracking shows it was delivered. Buyer sends message saying item was not received and if I am "scamming" them, claiming they did not receive the item, that instead they received an envelope showing the tracking #. I never sent an envelope. We messaged back and forth a few times, and I asked the buyer to call his local PO and give the tracking number for a possible mis-deliver or something else. No communication for a few days then this morning a case was opened for item not delivered but eBay ruled in my favor. Immediately after ruling I now get a refund request, I do not accept returns but have no options to deny?? Am I forced to have to give refund? Refund states the item is "missing parts", so I already know I will not receive the returned item. I feel like I am being scammed now. Do I have any other options?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@chazs_treasures 

If your buyer filed an actual eBay claim for 'not as described/missing parts or pieces' after losing the INR, basically yes, you are on the hook to accept and issue a return label, or refund the buyer in full. 

This tactic will satisfy the eBay bot even if the buyer has not received anything.  What they send back to you is of no concern to eBay. 

Did you check with USPS to see if the product was perhaps "mis-delivered"?   They have the GPS coordinates to confirm that.  It won't make any difference to you at this point, other than being able to file an insurance claim for your package.  If that is the case, you will have to find a "work around" for that, too, since USPS does not automatically pay out when there is a record of delivery, even if it wrong.    

A trip to your Post Office seems in order. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I would try to get a hold of a Ebay CS Rep. If they had messaged you they never did receive the item, they should be able to look into the messages. Also when you do ship items, carriers typically weigh the items and have record of that. (item actually sent) Personally i would not message the buyer and look into getting a hold of Ebay. If you do communicate with the buyer, keep it professional and polite.

-Good Luck

Message 3 of 3
latest reply