cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell EMT, Security, Medic , patches and caps

Hey guys, my question is simple, Can I sell EMT, Security, Medic, patches, and caps

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your answer

This is a Police-related items policy, I'm asking about nongovernment EMTs, Security, and other medic services. something like a hat embroidered "Security"  any member of a special protection company can wear.

SECURITY cap gold.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------

"The following items can't be listed for sale on eBay:

Law enforcement and other government-issued uniforms, badges, or accessories, such as hats, jackets, and shirts, or replicas of these items
Official emergency lighting systems or sirens, including lenses or LEDs for these systems"

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@hsapparel 

I looked for some info for you and really couldn't find anything.  However, remember that eBay is run by AI (bots) and could pick up your items to be the ones that are restricted to sell.  The reason that eBay has these restrictions is because of the fraud and impersonation fraud that seems to run rampant these days in our society.  Let me see if I can summon one of our community managers to see if they can shed some light on this subject:

Devon@eBay

Elizabeth@eBay

Kyle@eBay

I'm not seeing anything restriction wise concerning the OP's question.  Could one of you check into this and find out if it is permitted to sell what the OP is inquiring about?

Thanks in advance

@hsapparel 

Hopefully someone will reply.  Hang in there.

Happy Selling

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I appreciate your help, and I hope to receive more replies.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What would be anyone's purpose in buying such items?

The only thing I can think of would be that the buyer's intent would be to deceive others into believing he is "Security", for instance, or a paramedic, EMT etc.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It's a pretty sad state when you can't buy a hat just because you want one. Unless you are doing something illegal, it's not really anyone's business WHY one would want a hat that says security. 

Maybe that person IS working security for a company, but just wants a hat that says it. Maybe some goofy kid wants one for no other reason then they think it's cool. 

Walmart does not stop selling knifes, chemicals, or shotgun ammo, because someone MIGHT do something bad with it. It's no one's business why someone MIGHT buy that stuff. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply