cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only seller who is disturbed by the forceful changes to our listings???

I have been selling on E bay since 2008 and E bay has gotten very aggressive lately about changing our listings. I am so frustrated I have decided to close my store in October when my 1 yr anniversary comes and may not list much in the mean time. Would someone please explain to me why this is happening and is this going to persist?? I love selling but I feel very violated because these changes are made without our consent and without any other choices. This is my first experience with this level of power and control from E bay and to me it seems bizarre and unreasonable. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Am I the only seller who is disturbed by the forceful changes to our listings???

The venue just doesn't care about anybody.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@bess37-2007 wrote:

I have been selling on E bay since 2008 and E bay has gotten very aggressive lately about changing our listings. I am so frustrated I have decided to close my store in October when my 1 yr anniversary comes and may not list much in the mean time. Would someone please explain to me why this is happening and is this going to persist?? I love selling but I feel very violated because these changes are made without our consent and without any other choices. This is my first experience with this level of power and control from E bay and to me it seems bizarre and unreasonable. 

NO..You are definitely NOT the only seller that is disturbed by this.  This GTC change has effectively so far DESTROYED my business..eBay completely either forgot about sellers that sell ONE OFF items, with no need or want of GTC - or they simply do not care about us..

This is absolutely the most ridiculous, destructive thing eBay has ever done to itself, and millions of other sellers..They are destroying the site and all of us along with it...

Trust me when I tell you?  You are NOT alone in feeling this way...These lunatic CLOWNS are going put me out of business with this...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

There are LOTS of posts started by sellers who don't like that fixed price listings are only GTC=Good til Cancelled.  It doesn't bother me since most of my fixed price listings were already 30 days, so this will save me time relisting, as long as I don't go over the 250 allowed for my Basic store.

Or are you referring to ebay adding Best Offer to your listings, or the auto relists for auction-style listings?  If you switch to the Advance listing form, that will prevent the Best Offer and auto relists.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I finally understand what eBay is doing. They were losing store subs like me, so to make it seem viable (don't waste time relisting HAHAHA), now it's easier to relist WITH a store sub since you get more free listings as a buffer for all those renewing listings automatically charging you.
I ended my store, back down to 50 free listings, but they are giving promotions for free listings so often i can list the same number of items w/o paying the store sub.
Enter GTC only, NOW i have to pay attention to listings i used a free promotion to list as they renew, unless i get a store again... i see what they did there.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Nope you are not-I'm deeply disturbed by it. Been on here since 1999. I never once felt the need to make a post until this came along,made several in regard to this,i simply don't understand why we are being forced to use GTC with Auto Relist.  April looks like a lousy month for sales for me,even tho i had a good one last month.  The GTC Auto relist is the blame,i'm trying Auction Style with Buy It Now,i'm just not getting the sales i was.....No way can i manage 300 plus listings like i was with the Auto Relist in effect,i don't want my auctions relisted all the time,some i just try like a shot in the dark,you just don't know if it will sell or not,so you take a chance on it,if it doesn't sell i retire it for another time later,when i choose. What has always worked best for me was 30 Day Buy It Now/Make Offer,with a few hundred listings,but i won't be doing that again. I know i'm just a small timer,but the money i make here was really helping with my bills & buying more inventory.....i feel your pain.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply