cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Center: Puzzling Results

After this ordeal, I can only conclude that the "Authentication Centers" are an A idea with an F execution in a LOT of cases.  I've taken a look at a number, actually a legion,  of other complaints and I'm aware that usually negative responses dominate online but this is out of the ordinary. In my case with what would have been a simple sale before the Authentication Centers,  became a frustrating waiting game for myself and the buyer.  In the end they had a diamond and gold ring with our jeweler's appraisal and after two weeks there, two weeks,  I finally got a terse "Item didn't match description"  (???????) and they returned the ring. Fine. I'm VERY glad to have it back. But are you kidding me? 

There was NO specificity  other than, evidently they didn't agree with our jeweler's appraisal and their certified gemologist who has appraised jewelry for a very long career, and I only listed what was on our jeweler's appraisal.  What did they disagree with in their assessment that differed from our jeweler's apprasal?  Our jewelers  are the leading jeweler in our entire area with an impeccable reputation. 

We've sold and bought on Ebay for many years and hav a 100% positive feedback and this has simply added to our intention to end our sales over the next year. 

I truly understand the reasons for the Authentication Centers, but if this was any indication of how they operate (and the frustration on the boards with those centers indicates it is in many, many cases) I wish them well on their future high end jewelry sales.  They're going to need it. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Looking at the photos, looks like there are some defects which you don't mention in your description.

That would be enough to fail the ring.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@lataraoxalic 

I looked at your photos of this ring, looks like a lot of surface scratches on the flat top which weren't disclosed in description. 

Personally i wouldn't have sent that appraisal, those are done for insurance purposes only and sometimes have a little fudging going on. Why do i say this? I did have a very reputable Vegas jeweler that told me this when I was selling some high end gold jewelry, I had all the appraisals and one ring that was listed as 14k was actually 12k.

Not saying this is your case but it's something to think about.

Everything in the photos, description has to match exactly when the Authenticator receives it, and those surface scratches really show up on those photos bigtime.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

All authentication "reasons" for denial are vague.  If you give them a call, you can ask for the authentication department, and they can give you more specifics.  Off hand I see your title says ".57K" when you meant .57ct.  You also listed under item specifics "Colored Diamond Intensity - Brilliant cut".  There are no colored diamonds, and the brilliant cut wouldn't be an option in that spot anyhow.  Reach out to ebay and figure out what triggered the denial before you relist, or it will just happen again.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply