cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Maasal Painting / Lithograhp

I need information on this Maasal painting Lithograph.  I also need help reading the last name? on the right bottom corner.  Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Try Maasai as the spelling.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thank you.  I tried under Maasai with no luck. There is art but I can not find information for this one.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

What did you put in the search as the last name?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

The first name is clearly Claude, but the last name I can't read.  Does it begin with a K?  Or is it Claude / Keny[a] '92?  Or Claude / Eny or Eng '92.  Or?

0519191652_HDR.jpg

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I did not put in a last name. I can not read it. Guess my old eyes are truly old eyes.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for your response. I believe it is a /. I will check out the information you gave and hope I can find something.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@ibzduck2 wrote:
Thank you for your response. I believe it is a /. I will check out the information you gave and hope I can find something.

You're welcome.  It is just possible that it is signed only with Claude, followed by the slash and Kenya  (or Kenya abbreviated) and the year '92.  It does make a kind of sense, since the Maasai homeland is what is now Kenya.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Looks like airbrush/stencil work.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thank you again. I have tried most everything I could think of along with your suggestions and still find nothing. I will continue searching and if not found maybe I will put it on auction. It even took me a little time to realize it was of a person. Thank you again.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thank you.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@ibzduck2 wrote:

You're welcome.  It is just possible that it is signed only with Claude, followed by the slash and Kenya  (or Kenya abbreviated) and the year '92.  It does make a kind of sense, since the Maasai homeland is what is now Kenya.

I've never encountered "Keny" as an abbreviation of Kenya before. It seems an odd thing to do, to just omit the final letter? A bit like writing "Americ" for America.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I

@argon38 wrote:

I've never encountered "Keny" as an abbreviation of Kenya before. It seems an odd thing to do, to just omit the final letter? A bit like writing "Americ" for America.

I agree.  But I've seen similar, such as the month of "May" abbreviated as "MY."  Yes:  Em Wye Period.  Three characters to abbreviate a three-letter word.  

Anyhow, I can't really read beyond "Claude" and I'm not plumping for its being "Keny" or "Kenya" or whatever.  Just a thought, since that's where Maasai live.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

To me it looks like Claude then a / or L then e. You can see the e in Claude is just the same.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I agree it can be a K or an E but not both!
Janet
Message 15 of 15
latest reply