eBay for Business
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot an eBay Ad and Score Some eBay Swag!

Share Post
News Team
News Team
Last Edited 09:48:15 AM

031517_0222_Q1_OOH_Billboards_Color_Digital_620x400_blog.jpg

We’re super excited to announce the recent launch of a large-scale, multi-media advertising effort designed to showcase the eBay brand and drive more buyers to your stores! Maybe you’ve heard our eBay Fashion ads running nationally on iHeartRadio, or maybe you’ve seen our eBay Motors partnership with NASCAR on FOX or our Spring campaign with HGTV. Or, maybe you’ve spotted one of our 750 huge billboards (like the one above) in 32 major metro areas!

Why are we investing so much in advertising, you might ask? It’s not enough that shoppers know eBay exists in the marketplace. We want them to shop here first. So, we’re taking the country by storm in an effort to drive more shoppers your way.

You can join in on the fun, too!

Let’s make these ads go viral and show the world how excited we are as a community. If you happen to see a billboard, spot a TV ad during your favorite Fixer Upper episode, or catch an eBay mention during Nascar’s “Pit Box” segements, we want to hear about it. Here’s the plan:

• In the comments below, tell us where you were and what you were doing when you saw the ad. Examples:
    1. I saw the HGTV ad while watching Flip or Flop.”
    2. “I saw a billboard while driving on Highway 101 in Santa Clara.”
    3. No, this blog post does not count grin
  • We’ll send you some eBay swag! We’ll message you privately to get your mailing details, and then we’ll ship you your goodie. It could be a water bottle, stickers, or other fun swag. Supplies are limited, so comment soon!

Right now, you can see our billboards in New York City’s Times Square, subway stations in Boston, and bus shelters in Washington D.C., just to name a few. Here’s the complete list of cities we’ve covered with eBay billboards:

• Atlanta
  • Baltimore
  • Boston
  • Charlotte
  • Cleveland
  • Dallas
  • Detroit
  • Houston
  • Indianapolis
  • Kansas City
  • Las Vegas
  • Los Angeles
  • Miami-Ft. Lauderdale
  • Milwaukee
  • Minneapolis St Paul
  • New Orleans
  • New York
  • Orlando
  • Philadelphia
  • Phoenix
  • Pittsburgh
  • Raleigh
  • Sacramento
  • Salt Lake City
  • San Antonio
  • San Francisco
  • Seattle
  • St. Louis
  • Tampa
  • Washington D.C.

We are so excited about this effort. Let’s work together to stake our claim as the place where the world shops first!

UPDATE as of 4/5/17: Thanks to the awesome participation from community members, we're now "SOLD OUT" on swag. If you have already commented on the post and noy yet received your swag, please email Audrey at ebayforbusiness@ebay.com. Include your name, address, user ID and phone and we'll get your goodies in the mail this week. Many thanks! ~Audrey

234 Comments
by mydoodles · Adventurer
mydoodles
Adventurer

My sons & I were watching Moana music videos on YouTube and a eBay Fashion Ad popped up on the screen during the video. One of the very few times I didn't Skip Ad. 

by tamaralea · Guide
tamaralea
Guide

Thanks for the water bottle and stickers.  grinning

News Team
News Team

Hi All - If you have not already, please email you mailing address (name, address, phone, user ID) to ebayforbusiness@ebay.com and I will send out your goodies as soon as I can. thx ~A

private1chrissy
Adventurer

I GOT MY SWAG!  THANKS EBAY!!

Chrissy

ohdogofmine
Adventurer

Posted in the wrong place last night I guess.  I heard an ad for eBay fashions on WHOM94.9 radio.

afewcupsofcoffee
Adventurer

My family and I heard the eBay Fashion radio commercial while driving in the car last week! We are on the island of Oahu, Hawaii! 

herwoldallas
Adventurer

Received our gift today.  Thank you!!!!  :-)

Martha

princemarinette
Adventurer

i heard an eBay fashons ad on wgan am radio during swap shop

by gmo1974 · Adventurer
gmo1974
Adventurer

I SAW ADS DURING FLIP OR FLOP ON HGTV TOO!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

I got my goodies in the mail yesterday. Thanks, they're very nice!

vintagefabulouscom
Pathfinder

I saw an eBay "For the love of" billboard off I5 in Seattle! #rad

by lisa5768 · Scout
lisa5768
Scout

Got my Swag today!!!  Love the water bottle, Thank You!!!!!!!!

I live in Podunksville!  How am *I* ever going to see a billboard?  Not fair!

By the way, I'm selling on Etsy too and one of the major complaints I have with them is that no one knows that company exists (that's why I dont get many sales on there) AND they're doing nothing to rectify the situation. What they're doing is constantly making changes to the website (and now adding a bunch of stand-alones to their name) which confuses the heck out of sellers and buyers.  This isn't generating more users or customers. It's only making sellers ticked off.

I'm glad to see E-Bay's got a good business model. I'm edging my way out of Etsy now. I'll still shop on there, but my sales will only be things that E-Bay doesn't allow (like a set of old dentures) that Etsy will allow (Etsy allows dentures).

Thank you E-Bay for doing right by us buyers and sellers.

P.S. Etsy is rife with scam customers--and these scammers are usually other Etsy sellers--and the management does nothing about it.  I'm glad E-Bay separates the wheat and the chaff so we don't have to deal with that.

hazelheartsmodern
Adventurer

I saw a billboard in Tukwila Washington! I even snapped a pic. To be fair, my 5 year old daughter saw it first and said "mama it says eBay!"

by mi.perez18 · Adventurer
mi.perez18
Adventurer

Saw the billboard on 101 in Santa Clara and I've heard the radio ad for eBay fashion! It's so exciting you guys are everywhere! 😊

lilmissdisney
Adventurer

I saw an eBay ad the other day while scrolling Instagram. It was a fashion ad for purses. And then just a few minutes ago I saw an ad on Youtube. It was for getting rid of your old stuff through eBay. I get so excited when I see eBay ads!😊

Was listening to LBC in England and heard a radio ad for the great deals on parts on eBay motors! And, I was like, when will ebay do this advertising specific items, such as "Can't find that oddball light bulb at the store? Come to eBay !!!" short, cheap 15 second spots rock. 

I've seen the ads on HGTV, watching Flip or Flop and Fixer Upper.

I also heard the eBay fashion commercial on I heart radio multiple times.

by trekrjill · Adventurer
trekrjill
Adventurer

Multiple mentions of ebay motors while watching NASCAR on Fox. 

insanestickerz
Adventurer

Saw the Tampa billboard this past work week and also have seen them on Nascar.  Love the exposure you're giving sellers.  Thanks.

katydid4321
Adventurer

I heard a radio spot for "ebay fashion" while driving down the freeway in Charlotte NC!

scrapsmusic
Adventurer

I see an Ebay fashion ad repeatedly on my century link gaming board between games.

by alp1118 · Adventurer
alp1118
Adventurer

Saw an eBay Motors ad while watching the STP 500 at Martinsville. Great ad and I was excited to see it!!

by trekrjill · Adventurer
trekrjill
Adventurer

Ebay Motors Ad is in Martinsville.  Fun race, fun ad.

lazy_dog_tools
Adventurer

Happy to have seen the HGTV  commercial a number of times. We watch HGTV every day!   I'm so glad to see eBay advertising again and I'm hoping that it'll boost our sales!  THINK IF WAS FLIP OR FLOP OR MY FIRST FLIP.  LOVE IT EBAY!!!!!!

by lmrm83 · Adventurer
lmrm83
Adventurer

I just saw a sponsored ad on Pinterest!! Sooo cool! What a great platform for eBay!

by wildbays · Trailblazer
wildbays
Trailblazer

Saw the eBay Motors one back in Feb. at the Daytona 500.

News Team
News Team

Hi Everyone! Thanks so much for the incredible response. We're *thrilled* to know so many of you spotted an ad. if you have not already, please email me at ebayforbusiness@ebay.com and send your mailing address (name, address, user ID and phone) and I will send out your goodies ASAP. 

Note: from this point forward, we're "sold out" on swag. If you commented previous to this post, we've got you covered and will send your goodies as soon as I get your email. 

If you comment after this post, I'm sorry, but we're out of swag. Smiley Sad 

aswegrow2
Thrill-Seeker

already got swag  but Ebay  was  credited  to helping to  restore  the WWII  ship  on the NBC  nightly news.  When  they said where  they found parts at

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/after-decade-of-restoration-world-war-ii-vessel-sets-sail-...

by kituwa · Adventurer
kituwa
Adventurer

I have not seen any eBay adds.

I live in a rual area, I do travel fairly often but to be honest i couldent tell you what any of the billboards i have past had on them. There are just to many and I think most poeple subconsciously block them out. As far as TV goes I watch mostly streaming entertainment and not because i dont have cable or receive a local TV broadcast signal, its becuase I live in 2017. 

Yo Audrey_Tracy, tell someone at eBay to hit up Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, Popcornflix. For those drivers not looking at billboards anymore try SiriusXM and old fashion radio during rush hour

I am watching Speechless on ABC right now and saw an eBay ad.  I am so proud!!  I saw them several weeks ago on HGTV but this is the first one I have seen on network television during prime time.  

by paulasloft · Adventurer
paulasloft
Adventurer

rainbow
thanks @audrey_tracy for my super cool ebay mug!
my first piece of ebay swag, lol
paula

by kwstore123 · Adventurer
kwstore123
Adventurer

I found it on lucktastic when I was doing watch an ad and get 5 coins 

antique.cottage
Trailblazer

I never got my swag @audrey_tracy :-(