Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEO me: Top 4 search tips for sellers

Share Post
Verified Blogger
Verified Blogger

Good day, User IDs across the globe!

As I’ll probably state often throughout the life of this blog, even when I’m not thinking, I wind up thinking about eBay. Case in point: I was having a perfect dadolescent moment singing along to Tommy by The Who on my way home from Whitman Campus, when my subconscious tweaked Daltrey’s plea of “see me, feel me, touch me, heal me” into a similar entreaty, but from an eBay listing’s perspective: SEO me, search me, find me, buy me.

Sure, it’s silly, but it also rings true as the wants, needs and ultimate goal of every one of your listings: to have the best opportunity to be seen by buyers, to be sought by buyers, found by buyers and ultimately purchased by buyers.

To help get your listings found—both on eBay and via search engines like Google and Yahoo!—follow these top tips:

1. Identify common keywords. These are words typically used or associated with the product, like product name and primary product features.

2. Research what words buyers are using to search by. It’s easy with Google’s AdWords Keyword Tool.

3. Include unique product identifiers like UPCs, EANs, and  ISBNs in your listings so your items can be more easily found by buyers using eBay search, off-eBay search, and mobile apps. Be sure to include these identifiers in the designated field whenever you list.

4. Use item specifics. Buyers search on key details such as brand, color, age, gender, size, etc. This information is essential, especially in hot categories such as Toys & Hobbies and Fashion.
K, time for another dadolescent drive home (perhaps to this), so stay tuned for even more search strategies, and—as always—thank you for being a part of the world’s greatest marketplace!

Listening to you,

Jeremy Hainline
Senior Editor,

eBay Marketplaces Marketing

P.S. Have search tips of your own you’d like to share? Shoot ‘em my way at eBayForBusinessBlog@eBay.com

2 Comments
cphillipcheryl
Adventurer

thanks I'll try the help

michigan_surplus
Adventurer

BEEN SELLING ON EBAY SINCE THEY FIRST STARTED. I TOTALLY AGREE. THIS GUY KNOWS HIS ****

PARDON MY FRENCH.....Smiley Happy