Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now Open to Business Sellers: Introducing eBay Authenticate

Share Post
Verified Blogger
Verified Blogger
Last Edited 09:35:10 AM

eBay Authenticate launched in October as a simple, trusted way for consumers to get paid for their luxury handbags. Now, the service is open to small business sellers who want the ease, security, and earnings that come when expert authenticators take care of everything.
authenticate.jpg

Simply ship your items for free using a prepaid USPS label, or drop them off at a participating FedEx location. Our independent experts will authenticate, list, and sell them for you. We’ll also handle all buyer questions and returns. As a special promotion, you’ll receive 90% of the listing price until January 31, 2018. (After that date, you’ll receive 80% of the listing price.)

Buyers can purchase your luxury handbags with confidence, thanks to each listing’s “Authenticity Verified” label and 200% Money Back Guarantee. Also, they’re already loving the beautiful luxury packaging—see for yourself in this unboxing video or this one.

Want to start selling will eBay Authenticate? Check your handbag's eligibility. Or, keep reading for more information.

What items are eligible for eBay Authenticate?

eBay Authenticate is currently available for handbags and wallets from the following luxury brands: Louis Vuitton, Hermès, Chanel, Gucci, Céline, Fendi, Christian Dior, Prada, Goyard, Balenciaga, Valentino, and Burberry (aka “Eligible Brands”). While eBay typically accepts Eligible Brands that are worth $500 or more, you can send in those worth $250 or more for a limited time. We’ll be adding more luxury brands and categories in the upcoming year.

What are my options for sending you my handbag?

Ship us your handbags for free using a prepaid USPS label. You can also bring your handbag to any participating FedEx Office location, and they will pack and ship it to the experts for free.

What happens if the authenticity of my handbag can’t be verified?

Your handbag will be shipped back to you for free.

How will my handbag be priced with eBay Authenticate?

Our independent experts will price your handbag at the higher end of the estimated market value based on the condition and price of similar items sold on eBay.

What happens if my handbag doesn’t sell?

Our independent experts will relist your handbag up to 10 times if needed, each time with a slightly lower price. If your bag hasn’t sold after 60 days, it will be returned to you for free.

What happens if a buyer wants to return my handbag?

We’ll never bother you with returns. Once a buyer purchases your handbag, you receive payment and keep it. If a buyer returns an item, our independent experts will process the return and the handbag becomes their property.

Why should I sell with eBay Authenticate versus on my own?

Buyers can shop with confidence, knowing our independent experts have authenticated each bag. Meanwhile, your job is simple: use free shipping to send us your bags, and let our experts authenticate and sell them for you.

Buttery brown Hermès bags, desirable Céline clutches, and other luxury goods are already fetching top earnings for sellers on our service. If your business is ready to sell with eBay Authenticate, start here or read the terms and conditions.

8 Comments

So I can send you all my Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors bags along with the receipts and you will sell them for me, and I will receive 90% of the value you sell them at?

How are you placing the value of the bag?

by vintagecraze50 · Guide

Good job on this service Ebay.. Love it. Hope to have some stuff to sell using it in the future. 

by vintige · Rockstar
vintige
Rockstar
belleoftheprom
Trailblazer

@shoppingthequeenscloset

luxury brands: Louis Vuitton, Hermès, Chanel, Gucci, Céline, Fendi, Christian Dior, Prada, Goyard, Balenciaga, Valentino, and Burberry

those are the only they accept.

Bummer!  I have a hard time selling Kate Spade, Coach and Michael Kors

Thanks for your responses!

Are we going to get any information about the authenticators and their expertise? There are many businesses claiming they authenticate for ebay, paypal and credit card disputes. Some of those companies are good but others are not so good. 

Without knowing who's doing the authenticating, I wouldn't be comfortable buying those highly faked expensive brands unless I were paying for my own professional authentications. And if that were the case, I don't need to choose an "ebay authenticate" listing. 

Another concern is that the company listing the items has its own ebay store that has a long history of listing fakes. 

petals_and_vines
Trailblazer

The above point is very true. 

I would want to know EXACTLY who is "authenticating" my bag - whether buying or selling - and what EXACTLY their qualifications are. 

See, the thing is - what nobody seems to be addressing - the bag authentication world as it is known is very small. The fact of the matter is, is that there are very few people who are actually trustworthy in each brand. The others - well - spend any amount of time browsing on any fashion or bag forums, and you'll see examples of their "expertise" (or not, as is more common). Superfakes are becoming more and more common in Chanel and Louis Vuitton, for example - so I want to know who these "well vetted" authenticators are and how where they chosen, exactly? 

Without FULL disclosure of the "authenticators" and their "expertise" - no thanks. Not in a million years.  This reeks of another half-***ed rollout by corporate drones who have NO IDEA what they are doing. 

by fabologist · Adventurer
fabologist
Adventurer

80% actually is not bad, considering free shipping and 12% eBay and PayPal fees.

I know I should not point this out because that means they will lower it to 60% soon.