Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moms Who Mean Business: Inspiring Stories of Mom Sellers

Share Post
Staff
Staff
Last Edited 12:51:18 PM

This Mother's Day we celebrate the impressive mom sellers on eBayThis Mother's Day we celebrate the impressive mom sellers on eBay

You see them packing lunches for their kids in the morning and packing sold items in the afternoon. Whether it’s participating in PTAs or communicating with their buyers, these mom-preneurs rock in all their roles.

Your mom-preneur moments

We got some amazing stories from mom-sellers in response to our Mom-preneur Moments activity. You can read all the inspiring stories here.

Tenacity. Creativity. Enthusiasm.

We’re truly inspired by the way our mom sellers show these qualities in everything they do. This Mother’s Day, we bring to you stories and conversations around these impressive women.

Meet Kathleen: A Jewelry Connoisseur, Mom and eBay Seller

Kathleen says both her kids grew up with her eBay business.Kathleen says both her kids grew up with her eBay business.

If turning a job-loss into a successful business could be called an art, then Kathleen Palmer would be a masterpiece.Today, this 55-year-old mom, wife, and entrepreneur now sells ornate silver and gold jewelry on her eBay store called College Therapy Fund. Kathleen’s business is up 150% year over year and she attributes her success to careful listing practices and hard work.I spoke to Kathleen about the jewelry she sells, her life as a seller, and her goals. Read her full story.

Meet Eloise Holbrook: A Mom, an Artist and an Entrepreneur

"Selling on eBay rocks because you can achieve your goals in your pajamas.""Selling on eBay rocks because you can achieve your goals in your pajamas."

Eloise Holbrooke is a mom, a wife, an artist, and an entrepreneur. Her warm demeanor and passion for her creative pursuits is the first thing that strikes you when you start talking with her. 

Eloise has been selling on her eBay store called Eloiseworld, for over a decade now. She is an abstract artist and playing with colors is close to her heart. “I paint conflict and resolve. Because that's been the story of my life, the story of my daughter's life, challenges, and the bright side. Getting through hard times to see the sunshine”, she explains.

“Never gave up.” This is how Eloise describes her decade-long journey of being a seller on eBay and managing life. We spoke to Eloise about her art, her business, her goals, and what has kept her going all these years. Read her full story

Meet Melissa Paz: The Mom And The Mogul

"Selling on eBay has gotten me out of my shell.""Selling on eBay has gotten me out of my shell."

Melissa Paz, 34, is a mother, a wife, and a successful eBay seller. Her enthusiasm about her business and passion to help other sellers is almost infectious right from the moment you meet her. Based in Clermont, Florida, Melissa sells luggage and travel gear on her eBay store called Lazybreeze Deals. Her inventory mix includes suitcases, backpacks for kids and for adults, handbags, and wallets.

“eBay rocks for me because it gives me the freedom to be my best self.” This is how Melissa sums up her journey with eBay so far. We talked with Melissa about her life, her goals, how she’s growing her business, and what keeps her going. Read her full story.

Meet Andrea Harrison, a single mother and an eBay seller.

Andrea Harrison is a single mom and runs a store called ItsInaClutch on eBayAndrea Harrison is a single mom and runs a store called ItsInaClutch on eBay

“I make all the decisions. I have the buying power. It's like writing my own destiny.” This is what Andrea Harrison had to say when asked what it’s like to be a seller on eBay. Andrea lives in Lithonia, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. Her son Aydan currently attends Georgia Southern University.

The thought of having to support herself and her son solely through eBay sales was at times daunting, but this single mother never let that intimidate her. Today, ItsInAClutch is a successful online handbag and accessory store where customers worldwide can benefit from Andrea's years of experience and fashion expertise.

While her experience as a buyer helped her navigate the day-to-day of operating her business, it's her entrepreneurial tenacity that helped her grow her sales at an annual rate of 15-20%. 

“My favorite part of being an eBay seller is the flexibility that I have. The freedom that I have and the ability to work from home. I was able to be here for my son. Being a single mom, I like being around for him,” she adds.

Mother’s Day is on May 14th. Watch this space for more inspiring stories as we celebrate mom-preneurs.

10 Comments
smartchoice_999
Adventurer

heart Fighting MoM Fight Fight heart

mansi_aneja wrote:

This Mother's Day we celebrate the impressive mom sellers on eBayThis Mother's Day we celebrate the impressive mom sellers on eBay

You see them packing lunches for their kids in the morning and packing sold items in the afternoon. Whether it’s participating in PTAs or communicating with their buyers, these mom-preneurs rock in all their roles.

Tenacity. Creativity. Enthusiasm.

We’re truly inspired by the way our mom sellers show these qualities in everything they do. This Mother’s Day, we bring to you stories and conversations around these impressive women.

Meet Andrea Harrison, a single mother and an eBay seller.

Andrea Harrison is a single mom and runs a store called ItsInaClutch on eBayAndrea Harrison is a single mom and runs a store called ItsInaClutch on eBay

“I make all the decisions. I have the buying power. It's like writing my own destiny.” This is what Andrea Harrison had to say when asked what it’s like to be a seller on eBay. Andrea lives in Lithonia, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. Her son Aydan currently attends Georgia Southern University.

The thought of having to support herself and her son solely through eBay sales was at times daunting, but this single mother never let that intimidate her. Today, ItsInAClutch is a successful online handbag and accessory store where customers worldwide can benefit from Andrea's years of experience and fashion expertise.

While her experience as a buyer helped her navigate the day-to-day of operating her business, it's her entrepreneurial tenacity that helped her grow her sales at an annual rate of 15-20%. Andrea loves building her business on eBay because of the exposure and global reach it provides and the incredible flexibility it affords her.

“My favorite part of being an eBay seller is the flexibility that I have. The freedom that I have and the ability to work from home. I was able to be here for my son. Being a single mom, I like being around for him,” she adds.

Mother’s Day is on May 14th. Watch this space for more inspiring stories as we celebrate mom-preneurs.

Wishing you a early mothers day good luck to you with your business. 

iswitch2012
Adventurer

I love being a mom and an Ebay seller.  I used to do corporate world, owned my own store but had a surprise baby and this time I want to be a true mom where I can stay home with my child but I am so used to making my own buck hence being a seller on Ebay makes that possible for me.  I get excited when I hear the chicka ching on my phone even in the middle of the night!  I get excited if I sell something for $5 or $500!  I look forward to wrapping that item and sending it off for shipment, it actually does make my day!  

terrishoping
Rising Star

I love your story! You have a beautiful life, because you've made it that way!! I know it's a lot of hard work! I've started selling on eBay for extra money. I had no idea how lucrative it would be!! 

I love ebay and love seeing others making it work for them also. 

Thanks for sharing your story. 

by 1joe1972 · Enthusiast
1joe1972
Enthusiast

I can only hope for the type of success you've had. I'm so afraid of failure I can't even get myself started. So afraid I won't be able to please anyone being an ex hairdresser (carpal tunnel, and ant afford to replace shears or clippers every time I dropped them)!!!  It seems I chose to surround myself with people never satisfied with what I do..  I really want to try though I love playing with my beads and wire or string goodness it just goes on and on I love it. Thanks for your story and I only hope for the courage to put one foot in front of the other as you have done. Much success to you and yours!

itsinaclutch
Adventurer

Thank you for the kind words. It is alot of work but well worth it!!

by casin001 · Adventurer
casin001
Adventurer

Excellent very inspiring thanks for your motivation! Keep up the exceptional work!

Way to go Andrea with over 9000 feedback!
Can't wait for you to get your shooting star for all your eBay sales!
You are a woman of courage, faith and skill.
What a gift to your son & the eBay community!
Kathy

budgetfriends
Rising Star

I'm a mother of two young boys. Both under 3.5! So most times I'm busy being mommy. Until those moments during nap time or when I know we are going out for dinner and don't have to cook,I can focus on Ebay. It's always there ready for me. I appreciate how easy it is to make a sale, and dealing with customers is so benificial. I worked in retail for 10+ years and love bringing it to the table. Selling on ebay has boosted me to treat my children ( sometimes myself) to the little unique treasures that Ebay offers. slight smile

onlinedepot
Adventurer

Great video!  Keep up the good work.