cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unfair refund policy

After spending more than 20 hours giving ebay scads of documentation and answering every question relating to the amount of shipping refund (the last ebay rep suggested that I MAKE the buyer accept the shipping refund). The team at ebay, who obviously does not look at documentation, let the case run and then clawed back the money out of my account.  This buyer had over 1000 feedbacks so knows the ropes of not returning the item and still getting a refund so now has the item, a full refund and the return shipping money. I am after 18 years looking at other avenues to sell. Ebay does NOT protect the seller in any way

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

unfair refund policy

Yes, you are absolutely right. EBay customer support people do not look at documents, although they say they do. I have a recent case that Buyer returns an item due to Buyer's remorse. Upon receipt, the item was found to be used and all new price tags and accessories are gone. Buyer admits cutting out the tags and throwing away the accessories. I open a case with EBay and provide all such email etc. then to prove my case. EBay finally rules that "after reviewing all documents" I have to provide a full refund plus the shipping cost to the Buyer "because I have already received the item back". There is no mention of my complaint that the item has been returned in a different condition. I am still within the 30-day appeal period and I decide I will appeal this lousy decision. BUT, as an inital response, I pulled out all my 24 listings from EBay. If anybody knows a better place to sell other EBay now or in the future, please do let me know.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

unfair refund policy

I understand fully. During each one of the 25 plus emails sent from ebay a different person signed the email and we know they didn't read the thread from before. This morning when I opened an appeal it only took 15 minutes to tell me "Oh well" in other words too bad but the money is gone. If I find another site, and I'm actively loking< will let you know

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

unfair refund policy

They just screwed me over as well. I feel the same about Ebay. All about the cheap @ss  buyers and them getting the best for dirt cheap or for free. I sell most of my clothing on Poshmark now. I know ebay has every division but so much emphasis on making the buyer happy. Its a joke!! 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply