cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free shipping SCAM

I had a item on EBay Auction with a buyitnow with best offer and a bidder made me a offer and the price was too low so I turned it down, and then I seen that bum place a seller note he wanted free shipping???Glad I didn't like his offer , I call EBay found out it was a scam and the seller Email me back after I contacted EBay with the problem and I guess he was contacted by them , His reply to me was .........that's why there's a message on there. And I will keep doing it for about 10 years now but thanks for your honesty!!!!!!!!

This is the 2nd time the took place the words are too small to see and if you take the offer you ar in for a seller bidder fight.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

free shipping SCAM

Make offer states that the Seller can accept a best offer which is for the Product.  eBay also expresses in their policy is the make offer does not include shipping.  So, if you accepted the offer and the Buyer will have to pay shipping.  The Buyer will have to click on pay and the new offer price will come up, but shipping will be what the auction states.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

free shipping SCAM

This is the 2nd time has took place the words are too small to seen and if you take the offer you are in for a seller bidder fight. Threats of Neg feedback and the guy never paid me because the shipping was set in the auction invoice , but I made the mistake and let him have his free shipping cost and it was my mistake a bidder cannt leave feedback until he pays seller.

I was told by Ebay this is a Violation of the Auction rules and the note is for uses as.... please wait until friday to ship and things like that or please box really good for me.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

free shipping SCAM

Threats of negative feedback are a violation called Feedback Extortion.

While sellers and buyers are free to come to any final deal they like, eBay does have several protections in place for sketchey buyers like this.

For your immediate problem, you have several options.

Stop using Best Offer. If you do not use this option, no buyer is supposed to approach you and you can ignore such requests, or suggest bidding, or put the 'customer' on your Blocked Bidder List.

Opt to have Best Offers automatically rejected if they are under a certain percentage. I understand that most sellers using this allow only discounts of 10% to 15% of asking price. And again, shipping is not part of the deal. Period.

Set up you Manage Bidders to automatically Block bidders with Unpaid Item strikes, violations (Like feedback extortion), no active Paypal account and others.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

free shipping SCAM

By the way, I read a couple of your listings and I think that English is not your first language?

It would be a good idea to have someone who is more fluent to proofread your listings and correct your grammar and spelling.

Unfortunately, such errors make some sketchey people think that the errors are because the writer is stupid, not because he is working in a second or third language.  I work in French and my colleagues slow down and use a lot of gestures when they are discussing work with me.Woman LOL , just as I do when they are speaking to me in English.

Also. Paragraphs. White space is your friend.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply