cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNFAIR EBAY-PAYPAL PRACTICE

04-13-2018 06:38:41 AM

EBAY & PAYPAL just refunded a buyer without hearing both sides of the storry

and believing a buyer who did not actually see the product himself!!

So now the buyer got his money back and he is keepting the product!! UNREAL!

I ended up paying for the shipping which will not be refunded to me! So the

buyer who complained without seeing the products himself, not only got his

money back but he is keeping the products even though I offered to pay for

the return label! HE GOT IT FOR FREE and I PAID FOR SHIPPING!! FAIR???

And EBAY or PAYPAL did NOTHING to help me out! Unimaginable!

They let a croock take advantage of the situation!

SO BEWARE! If a buyer complain to Paypal you will lose your $ and your product!

Which means that if today you want to sell on EBAY a $2000 product and the

buyer wants it for free, he can claim that it is damaged, even if it is not, and he will

be reimbursed by PAYPAL without EBAY or PAYPAL forcing the buyer to return

the product! This is a lose lose situation and I do not know how I can trust EBAY

again for my next sale!
If any of you have an idea, please let me know!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You sold an item.

The buyer paid.

You shipped.

The value was $2000.

Did you track the item?

Did you use Signature Confirmation of delivery?

Both of these are required to win a case of Item Not Received.

a buyer who did not actually see the product himself!!

The buye did not receive the product.

What does the tracking (and Signature Confirmation ) show about the transit of the item?

but he is keeping the products even though I offered to pay for

the return label! 

So the buyer did receive the product?

The dispute was Not As Described?

You need to do more than pay return shipping, you need to send either a Return Shipping Label (if the buyer is in Canada or the USA) or use Paypal's Send Money service noting that the money is for Return Shipping*

It is very important to read the Dispute instructions carefully, and follow through exactly, or your defence will fail.

This has been an expensive lesson.

I would not ship anything outside North America that I could not afford to lose, not because buyers are less honest, but because return shipping is difficult (and expensive).

*This allows you to counter-claim if the money is not used for the label, with the reason being basically Not As Described.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

i sold a kid a $20 pr of BMX pedals for a bicycle. The address was at a dorm at a college. Had tracking number, no signature. USPS said delivered, customer disputed he didnt get it, I won. Not my problem he lived at a school.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You did not read what I said!! He received the products through a 3rd party who think that the items were damaged, which was not true. He got his money back and I wanted my products back to see the damages, Paypal reimbused him without asking him to return the item (I offered to pay for the return label)

Whe you but in a store they do not give you the money back if you do not give the item back.

It shold be the same with ebay and the seller should be the one deciding if he wants the product back or not. The lying buyer got the product and the money for the product!!! I got nothing and I paid for shipping!! Unreal!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have had a lot of shipping mishaps, but if you process everything the way it should be, tracking the package, having ample insurance on the package, and keeping open communication with your buyer (always keeping that communication INSIDE of eBay), you will, the majority of the time, be covered. Customers will still try to open cases against you, just follow the procedures correctly and within the allotted time allowed. 

Every now and then, we have a case that sneaks through the cracks and something like this happens, but when it's all said and done, I can usually find my own error in the process, which caused the likelihood of it ending in the buyer favor.

Knowing the eBay policies inside and out is a key to being a seller here!

I wish you luck in the future! 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

What 3rd party?

Was the buyer using a forwarding company because he is in another country where you do not normally ship?

If so, you are only required to send Return Shipping to the address where you shipped, not internationally.

the seller should be the one deciding if he wants the product back or not.

Sellers whose policy is No Returns are doing just that.

No Returns does not mean No Refunds.

The seller in those cases is telling eBay that they do not want to see the item again, whether the customer is satisfied or not.

Most of those sellers have products that are 'used/as is/ for parts' purchased cheaply. A return of such products would be uneconomic.

I've done it myself with a scarce book title that was in much rougher shape than I usually sell, and the buyer was unhappy (even after he re-read the descripition).

That is your policy. This is on your Shipping tab on a current listing.

Seller does not offer returns. You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab if you received an item that is not as described in the listing.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply