cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK Ebay. Have it your way.

I have been a member of Ebay for 14 years. A few months ago I was a Top Rated Seller and power seller. I had 16,000+ feedbacks with a 95% positive feedback rating. About a month ago, all my 750+ listings were removed because I did not meet their performance standards. I recently recieved "out of the blue sky" notification that I was permanently banned from ever selling on Ebay again because of my low performance. Where in the world are they coming from? They totally interrupted my business with this outrageous action. They also shot themselves in the foot as they will no longer recieve their $20,000.00+ payment per year they recieved from all my fees previously. When is this madness going to end?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

When they are put out of business just like they put you out of business!

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

THAT'S A BIG HELL YA!! CANT WAIT FOR THE DAY

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

wow you made me feel no so bad (sorry)..as a business person i carry several credit cards..do you know what my PREFERRED CARD IS???AMERICAN EXPRESS..DO YOU KNOW WHY/..BECAUSE THEY BACK THEIR MEMBERS /CARD HOLDERS..BY WITH HOLDING PAYMENT IF WE ARE NOT SATISFIED..ebay need to take a cue from AMX

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

PS AND I DO MEAN THIS FOR THE SELLERS EBAY SHOULD BACK SELLERS

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Every time I see ebay stock take a dip in the stock market. I celebrate. I can't wait for the day I hear they closed their door's.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I totally agree, They are destructing their own business. What if Walmart told their shipments of goods they didn't want any more merchandise from them? What would happen? Duh Ebay stupid you.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

yes, EBAY SHOULD BACK WHOEVER IS RIGHT AND THEY HAVE A WAY TO DO THAT IF THEY SPENT MORE TIME DOING MORE BIASED SIDING INSTEAD OF ONE SIDED,, BY TRACK RECORD FOR ONE

FOR ANOTHER,, ALL THEY OBVIOUSLY THINK ABOUT NOW IS MAKING MORE MONEY AND SCREWING PEOPLE BY GETTING RID OF THE OLDER MORE EXPERIENCED SELLERS THATKNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING THE NEW SELLERS DONT REALLY KNOW THE DIFFERENCE AND EBAY MAKES ALOT MORE MONEY OFF OF THEM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WATCH THE STOCKS DAILY AS WELL,, I CANT WAIT EITHER!

WEBSTORE

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Every time I see ebay stock take a dip in the stock market. I celebrate. I can't wait for the day I hear they closed their door's.

Umm- the eBay stockholders like those dips in price. Because eBay does not pay dividends to stockholders the only way they can make money is if they buy at a low price and sell when the price rises.

Since eBay senior staff get some of their income in the form of stock options, the business is setup to have dips and rises.

How does this help the company? It doesn’t. It only helps the shareholders.

And yes, if that sounds more like gambling than investing, you’ve got a better grasp of economics than many business reporters and economists.

Full disclosure, I made a fair bit of money by selling my eBay stock after every split in the early noughts. Now I only buy stocks that pay dividends because if the company isn’t making money, there will be no dividends.

What if Walmart told their shipments of goods they didn't want any more merchandise from them? What would happen?

WalMart would carry a different line of goods that was cheaper or more up to date or more popular. And their customers would be happy about it, save for a few who like the dropped line of “liquorice flavoured crunchios” and don’t like the new “organic strawberry munchios”.

The shippers depend more on WalMart than WM depends on the shippers.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

I should add that one way they make the stock price rise is to report rising numbers of listings. And they do that by offering Free Listing promotions just before the auditors come in to report on how the business is going.

Those Free Listing promotions do nothing for long term and professional sellers. If a seller has to depend on Free Listings to make money (that is if saving a dime per listing makes a difference to profitability) then that seller has very little grasp of how retail works.

Free Listings flood the site with underpriced, underdescribed product from new and occasional sellers. This hurts pro sellers and experienced 'hobby' sellers, by making our items hard to find. (I'm making the assumption that we are pricing and describing sensibly because we actually understand our product.)

Cui bono?

The gamblers who hold stock, and will sell it as soon as it rises after the quarterly report comes out.

And who is hurt?

The professional seller whose product is never seen.

The new seller who gives up after making no sales.

The buyer who cannot find the good product she wants or who buys  the bad product she finds first.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Amazon managed to get a couple of its own on EBay's Board about 2 years or so ago, and the hiring of top- level decision makers as unquestionably reflected this successful espionage campaign by eBay bigger, stronger competitor.

This is why eBay has been acting like a severely depressed 15 year old girl with a razor blade and skin-deep cuts all up and down her arm. eBay has been infiltrated on the inside at high levels by people whose objective is to destroy it from within.

It was your competition buying stuff under fake accounts that in all likelihood led to the low ratings. Amazon has struggled with seller sabotage ever since it expanded beyond books. They've infiltrated eBay and are implementing the model for failure that has made Amazon so non-competitive, where 5% o the sellers (I'm most cases the least ethical 5%) get 95% of the sales.

We have a 99%+ feedback score (total and past 12 months). Three times out competition filed fake buyer protection claims (our detailed seller ratings are perfect), and eBay cuts us off at 150 listings despite the fact we process thousands of sales each month through our own site, and were able to prove that all 3 claims against us were false and the accounts fake. Amazon ... I mean eBay didn't care about proof.

It's costing them thousands per year.

Where they're taking a bigger hit is PayPal, which as of January of 2014 will no longer be handling the processing of our website payments. Amazon infiltrated PayPal as well, and wasted no time putting into place a "Spread the Wealth Around" policy whereby PayPal acts autonomously in giving away money earned by the merchant whose payments it processes. PayPal has defrauded us out of at least $10,000 in addition to the $30,000 or so in overpriced processing fees.

In two weeks, if one of our website customers wishes to pay w PayPal they'll have to spend more buying from someone else.

While I'm not going to issue a directive that my employees engage in criminal behavior, every niche on EBay has a seller or company who is and aggressively at that. My hope I'd that a couple of friends in Congress who chair committees and subcommittees with subpoena power will investigate both companies and bring charges against the appropriate individuals.
Egan Healthcare Ebay Store.
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Personally I have never experienced the competitor sabotage as a seller, however I have heard enough testimonials that I would not currently dispute that it occurs. And while it might be simply the categories I sell in do not experience it, more likely I simply have not done the volume of sales to register on anyones radar as a threat. Im always fascinated when I read posts like these because many of you are obviously dealing on a volume and dollar amount that I have no reference for.
Having said that, and having worked in management in the corporate world for 10 years and have a base of understanding how companies often operate, I almost feel like some of these conspiracy theories give the executives too much credit. Im not convinced its the organized agendas everyone comes up with. In my experience companies often get off track simply by losing real touch with their buisness and adapting a thinking process grounded in their bubble view. Its highly likely its not anyone taking some direct, plsnned, and orchestrated steps but simply them making rash, out of touch, impulsive decisions without seeing or thinking things through clearly. I believe this is why ebay constantly does things of a contradictory nature, such as installing a new seller protection then a week later adopting a stance that makes sellers more vulnerable in other areas.
To some it up, its highlyore likely they simply have their heads up their ass rather than anyone orchestrating a well thought out and planned manipulation of things. In my experience, executives simply arent that smart.
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I agree. Why spend money sabotaging the competition when you can use the same money and energy to grow your own business? The few times I have seen such a strategy tried in over 35 years in business, the sabotage not only failed, but the person (it was never a company, just a jealous small minded competitor) lost his own business through neglect.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Well spoken iankimmerly, I agree 100%. Looking for conspiracy has become so routine these days that we complicate and over think situations whose explanation is far more mundane in reality.
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Because it's more effective. This is same company spending millions to lobby Congress for nationwide Internet sales tax to stifle competition.

This stuff is very common in big money corporate America.
Egan Healthcare Ebay Store.
Message 15 of 26
latest reply