cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO RETURN POLICY REMOVED FROM ALL EBAY LISTINGS-EVEN YOURS

Ebay has changed wording on our listings without notification.  If your listings had a no return policy, buyers will now see the following:

"SELLER DID NOT SPECIFY A RETURN POLICY.  YOU ARE COVERED BY THE EBAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IF YOU RECEIVED AN ITEM THAT IS NOT AS DESCRIBED IN THE LISTING."  This ensures the buyer they can return using not as described.

Below this is the "EBAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE".  When the buyer clicks for "details" they are forwarded to a new page "GET YOUR MONEY BACK" where they are advised to now go to the RESOLUTION CENTER.  There is nothing adivsing them to contact the seller through messaging first.

If you have had more cases than ever opened against you recently, this could be the reason.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I was wondering why I got an negative without being notified of there being a problem. Now I know

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Although the statement is new, the standard is not.

If you accept Paypal you accept returns.

If you put in a No Returns /No Refunds policy, you are MORE likely to get no notification of problems. The buyer will assume that you will not cooperate and goes directly to feedback or Dispute.

If you use the 14 day return option, an unhappy buyer has more reason to be comfortable with contacting you to resolve any problems.

Further, many buyers will avoid sellers who are unfriendly about returns. I know I do.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I think it is rotten that ebay doesn't direct the buyers directly to the seller first in order to iron out any problems.  We as sellers seem to have know rights.  Now ebay is taking a 10% fee on mailing fees.  So now all sellers will have to increase the selling fees inorder to cover the new fees.  How much extra will also be applied by PayPal?  You can't do a Fixed Priority Mail fees without adding to the basic costs.  I don't know where it will end with hidden and incurring fees from ebay.  How does anyone else feel about these things?

@bshop4u2c wrote:

Ebay has changed wording on our listings without notification.  If your listings had a no return policy, buyers will now see the following:

"SELLER DID NOT SPECIFY A RETURN POLICY.  YOU ARE COVERED BY THE EBAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IF YOU RECEIVED AN ITEM THAT IS NOT AS DESCRIBED IN THE LISTING."  This ensures the buyer they can return using not as described.

Below this is the "EBAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE".  When the buyer clicks for "details" they are forwarded to a new page "GET YOUR MONEY BACK" where they are advised to now go to the RESOLUTION CENTER.  There is nothing adivsing them to contact the seller through messaging first.

If you have had more cases than ever opened against you recently, this could be the reason.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I have read all these comments and you seem to be the only "pro eBay" on all these posts. Do you work directly for them or something? I find your "holier than thou" responses quite offensive and superior. Let's be honest. eBay SUCKS!!!! Anyone in their right mind and who has good business sense would leave EBay and not support a company that does not support their buyers. Besides who else charges a fee on shipping? Really? Making a profit on shipping fees? That besides many other insulting ways to take advantage of sellers like unreasonable DSR's and trying to tell sellers how to run their businesses with forced returns. After many years of success on EBay and my last year of hell with them, I took the route of leaving them completely and I have no regrets for doing so.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I meant "support their sellers". Sorry about that.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

My buyer says it's a beautiful item but it doesn't fit her and she wants to return it...  My no-return policy with the encouragement to  address any concerns were removed by ebay.. Do I have to accept the return ?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The return? No.

You can allow her to keep the item.

Do you have to refund her?

Yes. In effect you do.

If the buyer can show Paypal that she returned something* to you with Confirmation of Delivery, they will refund the buyer and go after your account for their money.

So it is better to tell her that you will give a 'full' refund on return and then refund her promptly when you get the garment back. That will impact your seller status-- especially with the pernicious new Defect policy.

You are allowed to accept a return with a re-stocking charge.

But note, if the transaction does not involve Paypal a partial refund (less her cost of return shipping and a restocking charge) will not give you a happy buyer. And your buyer can leave feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings, which she can't if there is a Dispute resolved by PP.

So. Happy refunded buyer, decent or no feedback, and a saleable item. Or unhappy buyer, Defect on seller account, saleable item. Or unhappy buyer, bad feedback, trashed DSRs.

But I would put the customer on your Blocked Buyer List.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I suggest that you accept the return as long as she pays the return shipping. She does say that it is "beautiful but does not fit". I presume that you listed a size.
Then the buyer has less reason to leave you bad feedback and less standing.
You might try listing with measurements. Just a suggestion because I had a buyer point out to me that Asian sizes are "smaller' and a "Large" in something from an Asian country doesn't mean it will meet "Large" sized standards here. I checked, she was right.
I think that it is idiotic that eBay is treating grown adults as if they can't read "no returns" before they buy something and are removing the seller's policies.
The only excuses for returning items to a seller with a "no return" policy should be "Item not as described" or "Sent wrong item" (does happen). Item not as described covers a range of things but not "does not fit".  My "does not fits" have all been passed on to someone else.  I can read.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

What gets me is that ebay is taking a percentage on Fixed Rated Boxes via Priority Mail!  That is not over charging!  Where would ebay be without it's buyers?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply