cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hassel free for WHO returns? not sellers. How about protecting your Bread and Butter EBAY!

I just got ripped off by a buyer. I listed the item as described and sold this antiuqe typewriter part as is. Because i was stupid enough to not opt out of ebay's new hassel free return policy, without contacting me first, the item was returned. and I was charged for return shipping, as well as original shipping costs. even though my return policy stated buyer pays all shipping.

here's the catch, because the buyer said item was defective, the seller assumes all responisbility. to make matters worse, this buyer was also allowed to give me negative feed back which after 4 attempts was not able to remove, even after i substanciated with photos that there was nothing wrong with the item and person was in violation of ebays return policy.

sellers make ebay money, not buyers!

when is ebay going to reinstate negative feedback to buyers like the one mentioned above. or those whith a zero feedback rating. why are we unable to see the status of a complaint filed against buyers?

time to move to estay and my own web site. goodbye ebay!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hassel free for WHO returns? not sellers. How about protecting your Bread and Butter EBAY!

Yahoo and Carl Icoln vated Ebay worst run company in the world

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

and I was charged for return shipping

Thank you for the warning.

I assume that the heavy shipment was also sent with Delivery Confirmation? Was the charge comparable with your original shipping charge?

I have always allowed Refund upon Return, in part because making the buyer pay the return postage went a long way to discourage frivolous returns. This has long been the Standard Practice for Paypal and eBay.

The one place it doesn't work is with International Sales. Returning cheap carp to China can easily cost a Canadian buyer $40 or more.

Just as the Global Shipping Program was not well explained to sellers, this program seems to be too easy to opt into and not well understood.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

i was fortunate enough that the seller return was based on weight not what was originaly sent. but yeah, who wants to pay $6 for return of a $2 item! I always accept returns for ANY REASON. if it is damaged in the mail, usps or FedEx gets a claim that is what insurance is for. If I send the wrong Item. my fault i antee up, usualy let them keep the item. But always got a contact from buyer, even if it was a case field, there is some communication

Hassel free eliminates the hassle from the buyer, but creates a BIG hassel and financial hardship for the seller

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Whew! A typewriter PART! I missed that and thought it was the entire typewriter.

Still the principle of Buyer pays return shipping was  a fraud preventative of some merit.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

eBay must be feeling they are short of buyers as more and more distrust their system. Making sellers perform better is one way of doing that. Hurts to be at that end of the schtick but kicking sellers off for infractions doesn't help them either.

Yup, now define "infractions" according to who? LOL

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

i got burnt with managed returns immediately when I tried them.

1.   I sold a HEAVY BOOK and buyer returned from california to pennsylvania via PARCEL POST.    The return shipping cost me A LOT.   Should have been sent MEDIA MAIL.

2.  A customer returned an item and told me she chose not as described to cover the shipping.

Now, if it's so easy to return through managed returns, we will get defects.   I think my odds are better to hope that I personally manage all returns and that the buyer clicks OTHER when writing.   I don't want to be INDEFINITELY RESTRICTED because of eBAYS faulty systems and thought processes.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

oops.   wrong forum.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

2.  A customer returned an item and told me she chose not as described to cover the shipping.

Well, that can be legit.

If a seller advertises and charges for Priority and ships by Media Mail- the transaction is definitely Not As Described.

On the other hand if the seller advertises Media and ships Priority , technically the Buyer could complain, but should first visit her doctor and get her meds adjusted.

I've done the equivalent to the latter when an auction went much higher than I expected or when I make a sale to a sketchey buyer.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply