cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Unfair, Unforgiving and Uncaring!

I understand your policies however I find it very sad that you would restrict someone based on a set of problems for which they have overcome and received help for. You say that It’s the length of time which is exactly the time frame of my family crisis and you do not take into consideration all of my prior years of being an upstanding member of ebay. While I respect your decision I do not agree with it and to me it leaves me believing that ebay is a very uncaring and unforgiving company. I will be selling and buying elsewhere and leaving reviews wherever I can. Again, I do not fault the initial suspension, but this decision is uncalled for and while I take my business to the next level I wi
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

do any members beside myself have a problem with ebays  finale fee on shipping??? Free shipping is a lie!!!then charge and make money on shipping. this is one of the worse ideas ever!!! so very nasty its hard for me to believe. if i sell an item everyone knows is worth 10.00, then charge 25.00 to cover actuall shipping.  AND SAY FREE SHIPPING thats  a lie!!! and surely everyone knows this!!! ebays pushes free shipping. then when a seller charges actual shipping. then ebay charges a finale fee on shipping WOW!!! and make money on shipping GREED AT ITS BEST!!!! i SHIP SOME LARGE AND HEAVY ITEMS. THIER IS NO FREE SHIPPING!!! WHAT CAN WE DO AS EBAYERS TO EBAY TO CHANGE POLICY??? WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER SOME WAY!!!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I doubt eBay will allow sellers to get together on anything that they perceive as threatening to their income.  I just recently joined a couple of these groups here discussing problem buyers and we tried to exchange lists of our blocked bidders, and now when I tried to go back to respond to one of the other sellers today, I have been denied access.  Obviously everything, including these "groups" for sellers is being completely controlled, sort of like a soviet state apparently.  So everything that is said is being reviewed and if they don't like it, you will not have access again.  I was really eye opening today to find out I was completely cut off from these fellow ebay-abused sellers.  I guess nothing will change until a good majority of the sellers on eBay go somewhere else. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

just got done mentioning this problem myself in another post.

I believe that any money that's a seller spends on shipping and is using eBay's shipping labels pages to ship the item(s), should not be taxed by a seller fee since it is not profit! It will not take any extra type of program or anything to do this, it's all recorded already in PayPal and in the shipping labels pages. All this needs to be done is simply tally up the total spent during each billing period and subtract that amount from the grand total of income that will be taxed by eBay's seller fees. Since eBay is already making a profit on us using their label service that should be enough, I would think. This would only apply to money spent using their shipping label pages, if you pay at the post office then you're out of luck, there is no way to keep track of any other payments made.

I think this will be a very fair way to end this dispute over that policy change that certainly is unfair to every seller since shipping can end up costing many times the amount more than the price paid for that item. As it is right now there is no room for profit even if it's a small item unless it sells for at least $3.50 and the item was free to begin with.

For instance a simple Hot Wheels car or lets say 2 Hot Wheels cars that are still in the package. Sold for $1 having to ship in a box that either you take the time to make or buy for at least 40 cents. The listing will cost you 25 cents the shipping will cost you another $3-$5 domestic and $11-$18 International. Ebay wants their seller fee of 10% + paypal's 3% and 30 cents for the transaction of either $6 or $19 depending on where it's going. So your total for items that you originally paid $2-$3 sold for $1=leaves you negative $2 then subtract or tack on:$1.08 cents domestic seller fees & paypal + 25cents listing fees=negative $3.33 for USA buyers and $2.30 seller fees International + 25 cents to list=negative $5.55 for your time and effort add an extra 40 cents if you bought the box, then your time to list, dealing with nonpaying buyers, picky buyers, printer, paper, ink,  time preparing to ship then dropping it off, gas etc. That's if the transaction goes as planned, if the item gets lost in the mail, you'll be refunding their money and end up possibly $21.00 in the hole and you lost your items. All for a $1 listing that you couldn't possibly have made money on in the  first place due to the charges on shipping. You will find out quickly that you're better off giving away your items you've been storing for all those years! You will end up with more money in your pocket and the receiving party will actually appreciate what you did for them!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I've just been suspended by ebay for getting a 4 star feedback or two and all it does is make me want to sue. ebay goes out of thier way to shut you down and usally its someone who has under 25 feedback ebay has no respect at all for sellers I was top rated seller too 1 bad feedback and its over

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

uh. tat is horible.

-----------------charles

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

The post you are replying to is two years old. The poster is still selling occasionally on eBay, with a 100% FB record.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

oops. my mistake.

---------------charles

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

People still read these, it makes no diffence how old they are, if someone finds what they are looking for then it's worth the time.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

yes.

--------------------charles

Message 10 of 10
latest reply