cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Please

Hi All:

Fairly new to selling Just at it about one year now. I've gone from selling just a few pieces of jewelry per month to opening a mid level store. I would like to improve with my selling but I work full time so my time is divided.

Also being 50-ish does not help as far as computer literacy goes--but I have managed to muck through enough to have about 250 sales in a year with a 99.5 % rating.

My issue:

Today I received a listing violation with a 3 day suspension from listing new items. I deal in fashion jewelry and ladies accessories. My violation was in my sellers profile. It had nothing to do with the ad, the item for sale, genuiness of the item or anything else.Tthis was their beef.

Back in Nov I was announcing to my customers via seller profile that I was starting to carry several lines of jewelry accessory designers. I listed that in my seller profile.

This morning I got no warning. Just the violation message and them telling me I was comparing the item to other designers.

I called customer service and spoke to three different people.

They would not lift the restriction.

Because I work full time as a registered nurse I have a limited amount of time to spend running/listing items for my store. I came home from work this morning and can't list anything. I only have the 48 hours to list my items and I have about 100 items to list.

Ok What did I do wrong???

I don't see a violation here can somebody explain it to me simply??

Who did I **bleep** off???

A really, really profitable seller for ebay??

Or did they have nothing better to do than sit around picking their noses and trumped up something major over an error I didn't even know I committed??

What about all the DISINGENUINE items that are selling for the REAL DEAL. I spot them all the time??? Do they take too long to read but maybe these enforcers have to meet a quota or something??

This was an ORIGINAL item, with tags, was new, and I have the receipt. Told them all of that too. But because I listed back in November's seller's profile names of designers I carry--they're going to yank my stuff and restrict me from adding new.

If they had looked at an item that was listed in the last 3 weeks I've update my seller's profile, with no specific designer identified--but no they didn't--and no they didn't care about that.

What gives??

I consider myself to be by the book--as far as I can tell. I'm competitve and offer free shipping.

Why did they come after someone small such as myself for something so miniscule?? The first person I spoke with COULD NOT SEE A VIOLATION EITHER-but because I wanted to know WHAT IT WAS I DID WRONG I persevered to get the answers--should have let it alone.

advice???

Karenh
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Advice Please

My advice is to find another way to sell your jewelry. Have you looked into King's Road? I got out of eBay after two people tried to screw me over. When I made barely anything on a Dolce & Gabbana handbag between the high fees, my giving the buyer a discount ( after she harangued me via many emails) and with the seller leaving me an unjustified negative feedback I saw that it was time to leave ebay. This was my second bad experience after 8 years of not having any issues whatsoever. I too go by the book but eBay does not support its sellers so why should you support ebay.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Advice Please

my giving the buyer a discount ( after she harangued me via many emails) and with the seller leaving me an unjustified negative feedback

This type of bullying is all to often accepted especially by women sellers. We really need to put on our big girl panties and deal with it.  Hindsight is 20/20, of course, but the better course of action would have been to refuse to be bullyed, open an Unpaid Item Dispute , give the bully a Strike which will restrict her ability to bid and buy on eBay, and add her to your Blocked Bidder List. A bidder who loses a UID cannot leave feedback. 

Back in Nov I was announcing to my customers via seller profile that I was starting to carry several lines of jewelry accessory designers. I listed that in my seller profile.

Probably this was interpreted as offering to sell off-eBay. If you don't have the items listed and immediately available, why bother telling you customers about them?

You can put a flyer into each of your shipments telling your customers about the other items you have. You can even take payment for them with the same PP account you use for eBay.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Advice Please

Again, you are great about giving the advice on eBay policy and also on my "wearing big girl pants". What a derogatory remark that is!!!!! I have been in retail many more years than I wish to say. I can be tough when I need to be and other times I will be more flexible because I feel it is the right thing to do. As I said in another post to you, you give bad advice on things you know nothing about such as the circumstances around mine and other's troubles with eBay. So, miss busybody here are the things I have done to try to resolve issues that have just come up in the last year:
1) I offered to take back a designer product three times after it got to England because the buyer claimed I did not pay for shipping even though I did pay for shipping.
2) what she really wanted was for me to pay her VAT fees (custom fees) and she claimed that that was part of her shipping fees.
3) after I told her I would not do that because that was her responsibility, she threatened to leave me a negative feedback after my having only positives since 2005. I tried many times to get her to return the bag but instead she wanted $140 from me. I explained that I could not do that because after I gave her a discount, paid her shipping fees, paid my eBay final value fees with shipping fees and PayPal fees there was no profit to be made on this sale. In fact, I would have had a $140 loss if I paid the VAT fee. Oh, by the way, she also claimed that the item was damaged which was a bunch of horse manure. She did finally retract that statement.
4) so, I did do a dispute, (but not an unpaid item dispute since it had been paid but the money was frozen) then I called eBay first in the UK, and then the US and spent over two hours of my precious time fighting this.
5) my money was finally released and the buyer was told that the VAT was her responsibility.
6) the negative feedback and lowered DSR's are still on my profile (or whatever you want to call it) even though the buyer was told SHE was wrong. I then decided I no longer wanted to work through eBay to sell my goods since I felt they should have supported me more then they did. They give you a line of bull through their "talking heads" on the phone but not much more than that.
My decision to leave ebay was also reinforced when I had to threaten small claims court on the other person from Great Britain who tried to steal the designer product I mailed to her claiming the item was bought with an unauthorized credit card even though I had all her mailing info and proof she had received my package. Again, eBay let the ball drop on this one and they never did anything about my loss even though I called them twice and gave them all the relevant information they needed to solve my issue.

So, miss busy body, I am sure you will find fault in what I did to resolve these issues because you know all and you are a "perfect seller" who is an authority on eBay.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply