cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A dead beat buyer left me negative feedback because I would not refund his payment!

LEFT ME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BECAUSE HE SAID HE COULDN'T USE THE Bino Pro 2 Binocular Harness System FROM THE WAY IT LOOKS IN THE PICTURE. He saw the picture on the auction page before he bid on it, so I told him I wasn't going to refund his money because he had every opportunity to contact me to cancel his bid. I also told him that this wasn't Wal-Mart or Target. I said this is eBay, an auction site and he couldn't return something just because he didn't like the way the picture looks. This is too much abuse on the seller to have to take this kind of **bleep** from a dead beat buyer and then to have eBay rule in their favor. It's about time that eBay start protecting their sellers, for without them there wouldn't be an eBay. There's always  somebody buying, but if something isn't done to protect the sellers then there'll not be anything for the buyers to buy! Because like me, they will get enough of this **bleep** and say good bye to eBay.

Regards, Robert G Breland

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

A dead beat buyer left me negative feedback because I would not refund his payment!

Well, you are wrong.

If you had cancelled the transaction using Mutual Cancellation (always provided the buyer is polite and apologetic about his error) you would have your fees back, the ability to relist promptly or make a Second Chance Offer, and perhaps positive feedback from the bidder.

If you had gone to the Unpaid Item Dispute, safer with an irate or entitled customer, you would have your fees back, the ability to make a Second Chance Offer, the bidder would be unable to leave any feedback and he would have a UID Strike against his record,

So you blew it, by losing your temper.

Accept it as a learning experience. Not every sale is worth having. If a customer wants to end a transaction, do it and move on.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

You need to say goodbye before you're forced out like I was same thing buyers scanning with false accusations getting full refunds, keeping the products and leaving negative feedback as well as low dsr ratings. Ebay allows this abuse every day and condones it. If Sellers do not sell more than 400 items within 90 days a low dsr rating will stay on your record for a year. If you receive more than 3 in the calendar year your subject to listing restrictions or account suspension. Read the other horror stories other Sellers are sharing. Take our advise leave Ebay now, don't become their next victim
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I AM 100% WITH YOU BUDDY!!!!!..I WAS ALMOST 11 YEARS ON EBAY, 100% FEEDBACK AND THE LAST 2-3 MONTHS, BOOM, 2 RED MARKS AND A GREY MARK.. ONE RED MARK BECAUSE THE POSTAL SERVICE DIDNT GET THEIR ITEM TO THEM IN TIME,, WITH TRACKING!! WE WERE ALL WATCHING THE TRACKING AND 6 DAYS INTO IT I GET A RED MARK, AND THE ITEM COMES BACK 'REFUSED' THE RED MARK WAS TAKEN OFF MY STORE, BUT STILL EBAY COUNTED IT AS A BAD SCORE... NO.2 I SOLD A RED LEATHER SKIRT TO A GAL OVERSEAS, SHE OPENED A CASE, I SAID I WOULD GIVE FULL REFUND AND SHIPPING!! BOOM, SHE GAVE ME A RED MARK BECAUSE I WOULDNT LET HER KEEP  THE SKIRT AND GIVE THE REFUND AND SHIPPING.. SHE DIDNT WANT TO PAY THE SHIPPING FROM OVERSEAS, AND I WOULDNT DO BOTH, AND I SHOULDNT HAVE HAD TO DO BOTH, THE RED MARK CAME OFF BUT THE SCORE STAYED WITH ME. HAHAHA... NO WAY... I GAVE A FULL REFUND AND SHIPPING COSTS BACK TO ANOTHER GUY, AND GOT A GREY MARK,, SO EBAY TOOK THAT MARK OFF AS WELL BUT THE SCOREING STAYED WITH ME, AND THEY SHUT ME DOWN.. JUST BOOM BOOM BOOM.. DEGRADING, INHUMANE,, THIS WAS MY VICE IN LIFE WITH THE TRAUMA I HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH THIS LAST 4 YEARS.. MY ONLY VICE,, EBAY'S STOCKS ARE DROPPING HAS ANYONE BEEN READING THAT STORY??

SO HEY,, GET OUT NOW BECAUSE EBAY IS GETTING VERY ABUSIVE

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

YEP!! I HOPE YOU SEEN MY OTHER POST... THEY HAVE LOST THIER EVER BLEEPING MINDS...

BUT!!! EBAY'S STOCKS ARE GOING DOWN FAST.. HA!!

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Well the guy that bought my item had 2 or 3 days to contact me for his problem. Why did he bid on it if he thought he couldn't use it from they way it looked in the picture. That's what pictures are put there for, so you can see the item you're buying. It takes all kinds and then the seller, me in this case, that didn't do anything wrong, winds up taking the blunt for it. That's wrong, I don't care what anybody says. I hope every seller on eBay leaves them, heck it wouldn't even take all them, we could shut them down if half of them left. eBay used to be fun and enjoyable, but you know when something is good they always screw it up some way or the other. Used to cost little to nothing to list an item and final value fee's were 2.6 per cent. Now they offer free listing and charge 10 oer cent final value fee. Something else, I do not use profanity but they're bleeping words I used, making me look bad. Or somebody is. The ones that should be punished is the DEADBEAT BUYERS OR BIDDERS and not he sellers. The picture of the item in question is posted. See if you can tell if you could use it or not from looking at the picture.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

How much is eBay paying you to defend them and deadbeat bidders? This THING had already opened a Item Not As Described Case against me. He never contacted me until he opened the case. I'm an honest person and give people the benefit of doubt, but there's a time when you have to draw the line, and this was the time! Your comments are not appreciated, period!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

YES, THAT IS MY THOUGHTS EXACTLEY,,,, HONESTY SHOWS IN THE FEEDBACK AFTER MANY MANY SELLS... ME, YOU, AND THE MANY MANY OTHERS THAT ARE GETTING 'SCREWED' BECAUSE OF WHAT EBAY IS DOING.

BY THE WAY NICE PICTURE OF THE BUCK.. WHERE IS THAT OUT OF, REAL NICE!!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEXT JOURNEY IT 'WILL' BE BETTER FOR YOU, IM GOING ON TO WEBSTORE AND EBID,,,

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

YES, I SEEN YOUR POST,, WOW.. THIS IS THE SAME PATTERN THAT I WENT TROUGH.. ONE REAL STUPID ONE AFTER ANOTHER, THEN BOOM!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

You can't even give the deadbeat buyers neg. feedback any longer!!!!***@#@#
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Because of the way Pay Pal will refund any complaint etc. is the reason I will not do any business outside of the U.S. The shipping costs are just too high to be giving out refunds. Also selling an item as is without warranty and no return means nothing *@*#*@
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

ebay is sitting all this up,i dont sell any more they piped it to me and i have a list of at least a100 sellers that have been screwed, open your eyes and pull out befor you lose money and they put you on a bad credit list yeah they are doing that to sellers who have left them and pay pal is giving them the imfo so they can see where you are doing bussines,ebay is not the only selling web sight

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

go look at my feed back,when i caught  them falsely tampering with my feed back they took down almost 35 feed backs and would not put up what true positive feed back was,,told me that it was a computer glitch,go ahead call them all you want,truth is they can,t change nothing on computer just take feed back down

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Actually I am a Canadian public servant, and my day job is writing and editing* letters, in both official languages,  responding to invitations to my Minister. I have been selling on eBay under various IDs (I have seven) since 2001, mostly to boost my pension funds.

I have had a few negs and neuts over the years, usually for slow delivery,and usually from US buyers who cannot understand the concept of "border",

It is my practice, faced with a non-paying bidder, to send a polite letter on Day Three reminding them of the unpaid item. About half apologize, pay, and leave glowing feedback. About half are never heard from again. I open an Unpaid Item Dispute on Day Four (you Americans can do this within 48 hours) get my fees back, relist and move on.

I have worked in retail too, selling everything from rare postage stamps to wood stoves and solar panels. Customers change their minds. In a shop, they may even hand things back at the cash register, pretty much what the OP's customer did. So what?

Move on.

*BTW, the level of literacy on this thread is embarrassingly low. I wonder if some of the problems the posters are having are due to problems with understanding written communications. Take your time. Re-read your post before uploading it. Proofreading and white space are your friends. Caps and exclamation marks are not.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

You're an idiot, you need to "move on"!
Message 15 of 19
latest reply