cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yearly subscription

If we have a yearly subscription will you be offering a chance to cancel without penalty since you are raising the price MID CONTRACT?

It does not seem fair to be buying in at one price for a year and then have ebay raise the price in the middle of the contract.

(of course this is related to the price of the basic store which is going up in a few months)

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Yearly subscription

@golfingaddict wrote:

If we have a yearly subscription will you be offering a chance to cancel without penalty since you are raising the price MID CONTRACT?

It does not seem fair to be buying in at one price for a year and then have ebay raise the price in the middle of the contract.

(of course this is related to the price of the basic store which is going up in a few months)

I'm investigating, will have an answer later today.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

@golfingaddict wrote:

To follow-up, we're offering a 30 day period where ETFs are waived, May 1st-31st. During this time you can cancel or downgrade without an early termination fee.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

@wohrmadawrote:

@golfingaddictwrote:

To follow-up, we're offering a 30 day period where ETFs are waived, May 1st-31st. During this time you can cancel or downgrade without an early termination fee.

So we can downgrade from premium to basic from May 1 to May 31 with no early termination fee?

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

Is that any downgrade, no matter what size store? 

@wohrmada

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

@dhbookds wrote:

Is that any downgrade, no matter what size store? 

@wohrmada

Correct, May 1st-31st you can cancel/downgrade any tier store without an early termination fee.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

Uh, I'm pretty sure I signed a BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT with you wherein you would provide a certain set of services (which you are now changing) for a certain monthly and per-listing fee (which you are now changing) with penalties for altering e.g. the term of the agreement. I think you need to start by explaining how you can violate the terms of that contract and unilaterally start charging more for less, prior to the end of the contractual term. If that's kosher, than I am stating here that we are unilaterally deciding that instead of paying $2 more per month, we shall be paying $20 less per month and you will give us free listings to boot, because if the contract isn't worth the paper it's wiped on, we're all free to just make up shtuff, right?

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

Sorry, that reply was intended for wohrmada. Not sorry about the content.
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

@puredesignhome wrote:

Uh, I'm pretty sure I signed a BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT with you wherein you would provide a certain set of services (which you are now changing) for a certain monthly and per-listing fee (which you are now changing) with penalties for altering e.g. the term of the agreement. I think you need to start by explaining how you can violate the terms of that contract and unilaterally start charging more for less, prior to the end of the contractual term. If that's kosher, than I am stating here that we are unilaterally deciding that instead of paying $2 more per month, we shall be paying $20 less per month and you will give us free listings to boot, because if the contract isn't worth the paper it's wiped on, we're all free to just make up shtuff, right?

Hi purdesignhome, 

The existing terms and condiditons allow for eBay to make changes with 30 days notice. We're providing more than 30 days and an opt-out from May 1st - 31st should you find the subscription change unsuitable. 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

It's not about honest sellers anymore. It about how much they can get from all these Chinese sellers flogging their counterfeit and stolen merchandise. After a few months, when these Chinese sellers get bad enough ratings, they just abandon the account and open another one. Or 15.

Every time I see a new seller update, I just know we are going to be paying more for less. Gotta keep those fat cat shareholders happy that don't give a **bleep** about people trying to make a living on Ebay.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

OK, then. Presuming that the terms of your new agreement will be no less favorable to eBay -- almost certainly true, as every change we see tilts the playing field in your direction -- then I can conclude that should we choose to go with the new, less-favorable agreement, that there is nothing to prevent eBay from replacing that with an even-less-favorable agreement at the summer update, and again in the fall. What is the point of signing an agreement with eBay if eBay chooses to replace that agreement whenever their execs want a bonus? You may not have a legal responsibility to negotiate in good faith (or maybe you're spending your engineering budget on lawyers), but why would I want to do business with a company that would do this?

Note that you are effectively changing some FVFs as of April, and not providing an opt-out until May, and that those fees are explicit in our current agreement. I suspect other changes in the pages and pages of seller updates also violate our agreement prior to opt-out and/or valid notification.

The agreement says this: "We may amend this User Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on www.eBay.com." I don't see the amended terms (yet), so you have not given notice (yet). I also fully expect to see as part of proper, legal notification: "Additionally, we will notify you through the eBay Message Center and/or by email" (that's: notification of specific changes to the user agreement, within 30 days of effective date).

Have fun rearranging the deck chairs on your e-Titanic. I'm headed for the lifeboats.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

@puredesignhome wrote:

OK, then. Presuming that the terms of your new agreement will be no less favorable to eBay -- almost certainly true, as every change we see tilts the playing field in your direction -- then I can conclude that should we choose to go with the new, less-favorable agreement, that there is nothing to prevent eBay from replacing that with an even-less-favorable agreement at the summer update, and again in the fall. What is the point of signing an agreement with eBay if eBay chooses to replace that agreement whenever their execs want a bonus? You may not have a legal responsibility to negotiate in good faith (or maybe you're spending your engineering budget on lawyers), but why would I want to do business with a company that would do this?

Note that you are effectively changing some FVFs as of April, and not providing an opt-out until May, and that those fees are explicit in our current agreement. I suspect other changes in the pages and pages of seller updates also violate our agreement prior to opt-out and/or valid notification.

The agreement says this: "We may amend this User Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on www.eBay.com." I don't see the amended terms (yet), so you have not given notice (yet). I also fully expect to see as part of proper, legal notification: "Additionally, we will notify you through the eBay Message Center and/or by email" (that's: notification of specific changes to the user agreement, within 30 days of effective date).

Have fun rearranging the deck chairs on your e-Titanic. I'm headed for the lifeboats.

Just to clarify, all of the fee changes, including the insertion fee increase, do not go into effect until May 1st. 

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

Jeezum, you dump so many updates out at once that even people working for eBay can't keep up? From the seller updates: " Starting April 2, 2018, when you list an item in two or more categories and there is a difference in final value fees between the categories, the highest final value fee will apply when your item sells. "

This is a change in FVF, effective prior to opt out. To modify this term of our agreement, you would need to notify us, properly, ****as described in the user agreement***, no later than March 3, which is this week. That means posting the updates within the user agreement and its links (not on the message boards), and notification by email and through the Message Center. Seeing as you don't value the legal weight of a contract, though, I'm guessing we shouldn't expect to see that happen.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

@puredesignhome wrote:

Jeezum, you dump so many updates out at once that even people working for eBay can't keep up? From the seller updates: " Starting April 2, 2018, when you list an item in two or more categories and there is a difference in final value fees between the categories, the highest final value fee will apply when your item sells. "

This is a change in FVF, effective prior to opt out. To modify this term of our agreement, you would need to notify us, properly, ****as described in the user agreement***, no later than March 3, which is this week. That means posting the updates within the user agreement and its links (not on the message boards), and notification by email and through the Message Center. Seeing as you don't value the legal weight of a contract, though, I'm guessing we shouldn't expect to see that happen.

All fee changes, including listing in two categories will go into effect May 1st. We're getting the Seller Update content modified, it should reflect this afternoon.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Yearly subscription

So, yes, eBay is moving too fast for even eBay to keep up. This doesn't really inspire confidence that any of these changes were given the consideration appropriate for the consequences. Or are we now beta-testing your agreements for you, as well as your engineering?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply