cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new store level between Prem & anchor

I am a slow  growth  seller   being responsible  about my  growth levels.  And  my selling record shows it. I use about 3000  listing a month  which  premium is too little and  anchor is just irresponsible.

Many of us been asking for levels between  premium and  anchor.  We  just got pushed off the ebay cliff.

This  would  be  a huge mistake  for many of us to take on anchor and  have that additude  I can just  list it  why  not  I am paying for it.   Instead  of  evaluating our purchases and  control inventory growth.   
Another  sign eBay  does not  want  intermediate sellers on the  platform  who  sell responsibly.

We mid levels sellers  have LOW  fraud levels, defect and  bad sellers ratings.  YET get the lest consideration on the  selling platform!

sincerely soon to be ex ebay seller 

Time is the most precious gift, Thank you for yours,
aswe
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@aswegrow2 wrote:

I am a slow  growth  seller   being responsible  about my  growth levels.  And  my selling record shows it. I use about 3000  listing a month  which  premium is too little and  anchor is just irresponsible.

Many of us been asking for levels between  premium and  anchor.  We  just got pushed off the ebay cliff.

This  would  be  a huge mistake  for many of us to take on anchor and  have that additude  I can just  list it  why  not  I am paying for it.   Instead  of  evaluating our purchases and  control inventory growth.   
Another  sign eBay  does not  want  intermediate sellers on the  platform  who  sell responsibly.

We mid levels sellers  have LOW  fraud levels, defect and  bad sellers ratings.  YET get the lest consideration on the  selling platform!

sincerely soon to be ex ebay seller 

Hi Aswe, 

This feedback is being heard, I'm sorry to hear you don't think it is. We're constantly looking at the spectrum of our store tiers and trying to harmonize between the needs of our different tiers of sellers. We defintiely want to keep/perserve the relationship with intermedite level sellers. I don't have a definitive timeframe but we are looking at some things that may help with sellers in your situation down the road. 

-Dave

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

We are not heard, we as a group are the solid foundation of retaining buyer on eBay because they still get the personel service from us. Many can not grow ( like me under this structure, we been waiting to take next step for a while). Lots have already turned to other platforms, which is going to be my option and foreseen this and already to steps to make my transition easier. PS I am not alone! You either are a mega seller or rookie seller than you have eBay's ear!
aswe
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Same here, I run 2 stores because i'm stuck in the middle too. Been asking for years and still falls on deaf ears
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

If  people  would post  they might see how many ther are of us, just  if you are a rookie  or  huge mega  you count.    

I was  entertaining the idea of  multiple stores, and  most likely eBay  loves because it will look they  they have drawn new sellers to platform when in reality it is just us stuck  with no where else to go ON EBAY  that is! 

aswe
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Count me in the group of 2 premium store owners because eBay HASN'T listened to a TON of store owners who have repeatedly asked for a level between Prem and Anchor.

The breakeven on listing cost vs Subscription for Prem to Anchor is right around 3700 listings. I easily have the inventory for this, but I cannot post enough in one month to go from 1000 to 3700 listings. If there was a store in between, then I could list enough to make the jump to that store and then again to Anchor.

eBay is really shooting themselves in the foot with this oversight. If they could pull their heads out of you-know-where, I would combine my two stores (2200 listings currently) and upgrade to the currently non-existent store level and then use my second premium store for other stuff, making them even more money...

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

There are eBay execs in several of the Facebook groups I am in so they have heard about the need for more store levels in between premium & anchor many times.  It's obviously not important to them.  

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Yeap they have I know I put my 2 cents in
aswe
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I hear you loud and clear shame though I started moving in another direction just was waiting for this announcement nothing for me here
aswe
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I knew i was not the only one medium seller that will like to go full time correction who is full time but has to do it with 2 premium stores and sell on 3 non ebay platforms. This update is a slap in the face. Was it really necessary to give mega sellers there own store. Ebay is just going to be a online department store filled with cheap emotionless over seas sellers. Arent we suppose to be a comunity doesnt that seperate us from other platforms. Highly dissapointed a true low blow i love ebay but the direcrion its going concerns me 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I been around for 18+ years and I hear you completely , unfortunately not the right people heard us. Really how much would it taketo put a store level between Prem & Anchor for 150.00 and 5000 listings .
aswe
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I know we will get told `this is a US site` but hey-ho, it affects everyone you know. eBay are only interested in revenue. We have an Amchor Shop here in the UK and have just been given the `brilliant news` that the fee will increase by £140 + 20% VAT from 1st April. What do we get for this massive increase - NOTHING. They keep telling us to reduce the cost of items, give free postage, jump through another myriad of hoops that other sites do not have a problem with and still increase the fees. We do not have trillions of 99p watches or container loads of junk. We are honest sellers with collectable items. eBay do not want us anymore. eBay only want the bigger players these days. The shop sellers with millions of items and shed loads of bad feedback. Speaks for itself, really.

They have put this new pricing structure out in the last 24 hours and now our screens are telling us `Sorry, we are experiencing longer wait times when trying to contact Customer Services`. Beggars belief. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I understand this sentiment all too well.... the eCommerce business is a very dynamic and continually seems to be changing, which in itself offers plenty of hurdles to growth. Having said that, on top of a basket of "busy work" to stay current on the most recent industry and ebay changes, fees are constantly rising. Whether it be store subscriptions or shipping costs, top rated seller discounts..... I know ebay hasn't got control over some of these things but in the areas they do have control they may want to encourage business growth for those business who are at the cusp of breaking through instead of taxing them into stagnation with ever increasing fees... A key component to business growth is reinvestment.....If we were encouraged to grow by offering us a platform that focuses on taking only a percentage of our success (net sales) and not listing fees, FVF, subscription.. It would create a truly win win relationship with sellers of all sizes.... The past couple of years on eBay every "update" has eroded my profit margins and increased eBay's.... making it harder to stay relevant and grow.... Their is an old saying that goes like this.. Don't trip over a dollar to pick up a dime... Executive leadership may want to ponder this quote... that's my take at least
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

TY for insights and ~~~hi to UK
aswe
Message 14 of 14
latest reply