cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customizable modules for stores

from the seller release:

"The new customizable modules will be coming later in 2018."

How about providing some screen shots of some of the modules that are coming? Would be nice to know what they'll look like.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

from the seller release:

"The new customizable modules will be coming later in 2018."

How about providing some screen shots of some of the modules that are coming? Would be nice to know what they'll look like.

Thank you for the question. The modules are currently being developed. We're looking forward to sharing mocks and more details about the modules with the selling community at a future date.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Looking forward to seeing this as well. I have always had a customized HTML store...I never switched because I hated how the new stores all look the same.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@lolkthxbai

Please put in my vote for color options in the customization, even if only in the linework.

In the current new store format, when a seller changes the store name, it does not apply to the store URL. The seller must switch from the new store to the old store, change the name there, and then switch back to the new store to see the new store URL.

In the coming store experience, there is no going back. I see that a seller can "create" a store name, but do not see in the notes where a seller can change a store name and have the URL convert as well. What will be the revision status in the new experience?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

@lolkthxbai

Please put in my vote for color options in the customization, even if only in the linework.

In the current new store format, when a seller changes the store name, it does not apply to the store URL. The seller must switch from the new store to the old store, change the name there, and then switch back to the new store to see the new store URL.

In the coming store experience, there is no going back. I see that a seller can "create" a store name, but do not see in the notes where a seller can change a store name and have the URL convert as well. What will be the revision status in the new experience?

While the new storefront experience is changing, sellers can continue to use the store management tools they use today.  A new store management tool that addresses this specific issue will be coming later this summer.  If you facing this issue right now, you can follow these directions to address:

• Enter:   http://stores.ebay.com/<store_name>/optout
  • From the store management page, change the store name as desired in the legacy store experience, this will also change the url
  • Go back to your current store management tool by entering: http://storefront.ebay.com/psn/edit/landing/preview and click publish.
  • From the “edit store” page, change the store name to match the store name defined in step 2
  • Store names and urls should now be consistent
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@lolkthxbai

Am I understanding correctly that there will be a period where the URL (and possibly the storename) can not be changed?

Is this the best advice for store owners who want to change their store name?

Do so now before the "new store" format is applied in May. Otherwise, there will be a period (maybe three or four months) when the name should not be changed. Then, with the next rollout at the end of summer, the name change will be easier.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply