cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Starter store level still allow for the lower Final Value Fees?

I think the starter store is a great fit for me.  I don't really need that many shipping supplies (I have a stock built up from prior coupons) and if I sell 20 things in a month it's a surprise, let alone 50.  But if I don't get the lower fee brackets that's a deal-breaker.

Are the 3.5 - 9.15% brackets included in the new store offering?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mewtwostruckback wrote:

I think the starter store is a great fit for me.  I don't really need that many shipping supplies (I have a stock built up from prior coupons) and if I sell 20 things in a month it's a surprise, let alone 50.  But if I don't get the lower fee brackets that's a deal-breaker.

Hi Mewtwostruckback, 

The Starter final value fee structure is the same as non store, 10%. If you're selling less than 50 items a month unless they are very high ASP the Starter fee won't be a benefit. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@mewtwostruckback wrote:

Hi Mewtwostruckback, 

The Starter final value fee structure is the same as non store, 10%. If you're selling less than 50 items a month unless they are very high ASP the Starter fee won't be a benefit. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@wohrmadawrote:
 ... The Starter final value fee structure is the same as non store, 10%. ...

The page about the new Store subscription options really needs to be updated with this information about key differences betwen the "Starter" store and all of the other subscription levels:  No supplies coupon and no final value fee discount.  The latter is an especially deceptive oversight.  

Are there any other differences we should know about that haven't been mentioned?  The "Learn more" link at the bottom of the seller update page goes to a page that has not been updated; the chart includes only the 3 current store subscription levels. Please update this chart so we can see which benefits the Starter store DOES get.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/ebay-stores.html

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@wohrmadawrote:

@mewtwostruckbackwrote:

Hi Mewtwostruckback, 

@wohrmada

Selling 50 times is completely different than listing 50 items.   So you are saying that someone with a starter store must have a near 100% sell through rate?  I have a Premium store and I can't get anywhere near that number!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

So.. is the entire premise of the starter store that you pre pay $0.10 per listing?

Or do you get vacation mode? Markdown manager?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

on another thread ebay staff said you got vacay settings and markdown.
No shipping or promoted listings credits though
Time is the most precious gift, Thank you for yours,
aswe
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The Starter final value fee structure is the same as non store, 10%.

I just read everything eBay put out (that I could find) about the Stores levels, and this is not mentioned in it ANYWHERE.  The link at the bottom of the "Update" page, that says "Learn more about stores" and has the full benefit / price chart, is not updated to cover the two new Store plans either. 

@mewtwostruckback

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@sashalucy2009 wrote:

So.. is the entire premise of the starter store that you pre pay $0.10 per listing?

Or do you get vacation mode? Markdown manager?

With a Starter store you get all of the tool/feature sets of a Basic store. There is a different fee structure (different monthly rate, 100 listing allocation, 10% final value fee)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for your quick reply. The $4.95 a month might actually be worth it for the vacation mode, markdown manager & 50 exrtra insertions. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply