cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Store Pages

What is going to happen to custom store pages "later in 2018"?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Custom Store Pages

@milodesign wrote:

What is going to happen to custom store pages "later in 2018"?

Thank you for the question. The new Stores experience will feature customizable modules in favor of custom pages. It's important to note that we won't migrate your Store to the new experience this year if your Store has custom pages. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Custom Store Pages

@milodesign

I've read the custom store information page:

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/ebay-stores-shopping-experience.html

This is how it reads to me...

Sellers with custom pages will be given extra time to get their act together and to migrate to the "new store experience" as time permits. Since sellers with custom pages seem to want a custom look, they'll be allowed to linger until the new custom modules become available.  But, if their stores are not migrated to the new format in some timely fashion after the customization modules become available, they will ultimately be moved by eBay some time in 2019.  I may be wrong about this, but that's how I interpret what I see written.

Since you are a store designer, you are most likely looking out for your clientele. As far as I can tell, there does not seem to be anything in the game plan that a designer can design, outside of providing a custom logo and billboard image and some advice on colors and formats if/when eBay provides those options in their modular system.

I am going to take a long shot guess on the custom modules, since I don't think even eBay has them designed yet.  We have some layout options in eBay's Guides pages, and modules in the Seller Hub, where a few components can be moved this way and that, or can be turned off or turned on.

Based on the plain vanilla layout in the preview page, it looks more like the modules might be on/off selections for elements like "featured items", "On sale now", and such, rather then a page rearrangement.  I would like to think they will have some color options, but I don't see that being available on mobile (based on the tiny bit of screen they show).  However, it could certainly work on the desktop layout if eBay were amenable to colors.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply