cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic to Starter

If a seller currently has an annual Basic Store, will there be a period in which he can downgrade to a Starter store without the penalty for ending his annual subscription early?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Basic to Starter

I'm investigating, will have an answer later today.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

If a seller currently has an annual Basic Store, will there be a period in which he can downgrade to a Starter store without the penalty for ending his annual subscription early?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Basic to Starter

Great question-I am also interested in learning the answer to this. 
I am looking at separating my items into two item specific stores but will not be able to afford the basic store level. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Basic to Starter

@wohrmada wrote:

I'm investigating, will have an answer later today.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

To follow-up, we're offering a 30 day period where ETFs are waived, May 1st-31st. During this time you can cancel or downgrade without an early termination fee.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Basic to Starter

Thank you for that info. If I want to downgrade to a Starter store after that 30 day period, where can I find when my current Basic Store subscription will expire, and how would I make the change at the end of that period? Thanks for your help.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Basic to Starter

@retroplanet87 wrote:
Thank you for that info. If I want to downgrade to a Starter store after that 30 day period, where can I find when my current Basic Store subscription will expire, and how would I make the change at the end of that period? Thanks for your help.

If you go into "Account Settings" on the top left of the eBay page (where it says "Hi (seller name)", then "Subscriptions" on the left hand side of the account settings page, you can see your current subscription details and make changes. Keep in mind that the new tiers won't show up until May 1st 🙂

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Basic to Starter

Will eBay be sending out a news update on waiving ETFs during May 1st-31st to enable Basic store subscribers to downgrade to the starter store subscription?  Nothing was mentioned in the 2018 Spring Seller Update. I know this will be a top-of-mind question for small shops.

Also,

What are the final value fees estimates for a starter store compared to a basic store?

Will the starter store have the same store benefits of:

- store home page?

- customized web address?

- featured items?

- store categories, and if so, how many?

- branding?

- subscriber discounts?

- eBay branded shipping supplies quarterly coupon?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Basic to Starter

@salutations wrote:

Will eBay be sending out a news update on waiving ETFs during May 1st-31st to enable Basic store subscribers to downgrade to the starter store subscription?  Nothing was mentioned in the 2018 Spring Seller Update. I know this will be a top-of-mind question for small shops.

Also,

What are the final value fees estimates for a starter store compared to a basic store?

Will the starter store have the same store benefits of:

- store home page?

- customized web address?

- featured items?

- store categories, and if so, how many?

- branding?

- subscriber discounts?

- eBay branded shipping supplies quarterly coupon?

Final value fees are 10% for a Starter store compared to the variable FVF for Basic Stores. When the new subscription tiers are available you will se a side by side matrix comparing features and fees. From your list above the only difference between Starter and Basic (outside of included listings and fees) is that there will be no shipping supplies coupon for Starter. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply