cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had a great a time!

Learned about changes that are coming and got to meet my "tribe"

Plus it inspired me to try and grow my store, which we plan to do after hubby retires in a couple of years.  As a small seller I wasn't sure if it was right for me or not. 

I didn't take any pics because I have a cheap cell phone.     

@scga912    Took a few pics plus our photo "booth" session with doug@ebay who we drug away from his wife to take a pic with us.  🙂    When she can breath again in Georgia I hope she'll share the pics here.   She was a great roomate!  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I had a great a time!

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

Plus it inspired me to try and grow my store, which we plan to do after hubby retires in a couple of years.  As a small seller I wasn't sure if it was right for me or not. 

You can do it! eBay is the perfect platform to start small with, grow, and learn. We started five years ago selling only a few products from home. We now run a successful business with ebayforcharity.org as our platform.  Our purpose grew into finding a way to do more then just sell, we wanted to help others in the process. And it was eBay that also gave us that oppurtunity.  Keep at it and good luck!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I had a great a time!

I'm loving the positive feedback and energy from you both, @selecttech & @comics-scifi-collectibles. It was fantastic to spend time with you both this week. 

Thanks for coming to eBay Open 2018, hope to see you again next year! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I had a great a time!

Silly question, but did anyone do a pedometer check on the distance from the hotel elevators to the venue?  lol......I'm just curious about my "mileage" totals....

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I had a great a time!

@dhbookds

.3 miles (I looked it up after I walked it 473 times lol)

I wish I had known you were there.  Would've been nice to meet you.

- Suzanne -
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I had a great a time!

@scga912

Thanks........for info......my legs felt like it was a mile......lol.  I  wished the badges had the names/id's more visible, I think I could have id'd more people too.....  I know some didn't "want" to be known, but one side could have had it in larger print.......

just a suggestion, Alan.........that I forgot to put on the survey

alan@ebay

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I had a great a time!

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@comics-scifi-collectibles

Great spending time with you! Thank you for all you do in the Community and for coming to eBay Open.

eBay Open was an inspiring event. I think eBay is at a crossroads, going new directions and evolving into a modern marketplace. I saw a lot of positivity, collaboration, and willingness to learn and grow at Open. I'm encouraged by many of the new younger sellers who are so open to growth and collaboration, and are beyond competing and negativity and truly comprise a community, as part of a new eBay.

@scga912    Took a few pics plus our photo "booth" session with doug@ebay who we drug away from his wife to take a pic with us.  🙂    When she can breath again in Georgia I hope she'll share the pics here.   She was a great roomate!  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I had a great a time!

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

It was a lot of fun to finally meet you and others from the community! This was my first eBay Open and I can't wait for next year Smiley Happy

I'd also like to see any pictures @scga912 or anyone else took. Feel free to share them here! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I had a great a time!

what is ebay Open ? and why am I just hearing about it now?
is it some kind of convention?
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I had a great a time!

@yuncreations  Ebay open is an annual sellers convention.  This was the first time I attended.  I thought maybe since I am a small seller that it wouldn't be for me, but there are workshops (think lecture classes)  that are aimed at different levels of sellers.   

You can also see what the workshop topics were by going to this page:   

https://ebayopen.com/

There will be streaming of some of the events online.  For right now all they have are the major points that were disccussed.  

https://ebayopen.com/assets/pdf/eBayOpen_workshopcombined_07232018.pdf

They had an ad for it on the main community banner when tickets first went on sale.   It sold out.  

If you are not able to attend an ebay open another great way to learn is by going to ebay meetups in your area.  This are meetings with fellow ebay sellers that you can learn and share ideas with.    

There is a new Meetup link on the community page , if you scroll over Seller News or any of the other headers on the far right there is a new category called Additional resources.   

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Meetups/ct-p/Meetups

There are more meetups than are listed on this map, it is still being populated.  For a meetup near you go to https://www.meetup.com/topics/ebaysell/

If there isn't one near you then I can put you in touch with someone about how to start a group if you're interested.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I had a great a time!

sounds interesting!! thanks!! 🙂
Message 11 of 11
latest reply