cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are You Ready to Shine? Let's discuss the 2018 SHINE Awards!

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Are you thinking of submitting an entry for the 2018 SHINE Awards? If you have a fantastic eBay seller story, share it for a chance to win cash and prizes! 

For full information on this year's awards, see this [link]

Use this discussion thread to ask questions, share advice and chat about our annual small business seller awards! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it would be nice if all former Shine Award winners and finalists were to chime in to this thread to share their experiences.   Is there a way we can tag them to invite them here?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it would be nice if all former Shine Award winners and finalists were to chime in to this thread to share their experiences.   Is there a way we can tag them to invite them here?

We'll see what we can do 😉

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Hi @Anonymous, 

I am happy to advise we will have Angie Cardona-Nelson joining us in the Community next Wednesday to take part in a live video broadcast and also the Community chat hour. 

Angie will be sharing her experiences as a Shine Award winner. Learn more about Angie here: 

https://ebay.promotionexpert.com/smbofyear/angie-cardona-nelson.html

We'll share more information on the Community chat next week. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great!  I'll mark it on my calendar and hope to be there.  I also heard Angie as a guest on eBay Radio the other day.  Glad to know she'll also make an appearance in the Community.   Smiley Happy

Thanks Alan!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I just read Angies story and it should be read by many here because it is the perfect example of how anyone with an original somewhat unconventional idea can do well here as a small business. Angie's items are not the run of the mill stuff you just buy anywhere, she is in a really good niche. Hope this inspires people to create their own small business niche here on Ebay. We need more niche type sellers who are not just selling what eveyone else on the planet sells, and people who fill a need for things that may be unmet everywhere else. Great job Angie.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another one of the 2017 Shine Award winners, Katy Zilverberg, was a guest on RockstarFlipper's YouTube channel: 

Ebay Open 2018 SHINE AWARD with Katy Zilverberg

It was fun listening to her experience being winner of the Rising Star category.  Lots of great tips if anyone wants to apply!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, got the notice. Looked over this year's categories and previous winners, and decided since I was neither female nor under 35 it wasn't worth my time entering.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Here's the link to tomorrow's chat.

Tune in!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to say thank you to Angie Cardona-Nelson for appearing in today's Community Chat Hour and for her response to my question in the other thread that closed before I had a chance to respond.

It was an inspiration to hear from Angie and to read about all the other Shine Award winners and finalists.

I submitted my story and hope others will too!  Best of luck to everyone! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

i want to 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@asadu_79 wrote:

i want to 

i want to work on your office in product rank.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply