cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tikka Tikkakoski Sewing Machine....

spydogs
Explorer

Hi,

Does anybody have any information on a Tikka Tikkakoski sewing machine? Are they valuable? Made in Finland but exported to the Soviet Union only. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

from what I read about it your best bet is take it to a antique dealer

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

maka2507
Enthusiast

In former Soviet Union, Republic of Georgia, I have a friend who has this machine. I know that it is still in very good working condition and still valuable. It was the one of the best brands imported in Soviet Union that times, together with VERITAS sewing machines. I also still have the VERITAS COLUMBA in perfect condition, made in Germany. 

Why r u interest in this machine ? 

--

regards, Maka

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

spydogs
Explorer

Believe it or not but I have one in the USA. I found it at an estate sale in the Southwest and purchased it. It looks to be complete and it even has some of the original accessories with the owners manual which is in Russian. I am debating if I should list it on ebay since shipping and handling would be a nightmare for me and the seller. The only other reference I found on the net is a picture of one with an electric motor. Mine does not have a electric motor it is the pedal type. Awhile back I found an on line ad for one of these, it was located in Russia, and the person wanted 150 rubles. I also found out the factory that made these sewing machines also made Russian guns at the same time. There are references of the Tikka riffles and guns so I am assuming they are still being manufactured. Thank you for your information.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Not Russian, Finnish. Tikka machines and guns were made in Finland. Tikka sewing machines are not valuable here in Finland, you could get one for about 20 euros.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply